xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
webishqiptar

Reading For Teachers

Because you are preparing to become an effective teacher of reading, it is important that you understand the features of quality reading instruction and the process of reading. Reading is a basic communication skill. Thus, it is a primary means of learning in our society, most likely you are a competent reader who gives little thought about how you read and how you get meaning from what you read. Reading is a complex process. It is influenced by a complex variety of factors, such as experimental and conceptual backgrounds. word recognition strategies, reasoning abilities, purposes for reading, situations in which reading takes place, motivation and the complexity of the text. These features of reading interact as we attempt to construct meaning from what we read.

What reading is?

Most people read without giving much thought to how they do it. To them, "what is reading" is a question of little concern. What reading is a, however should be a concern to the person whose task is to teach reading. Reading is defined as the process of constructing meaning from written text in relation to the experiences and knowledge of the reader. In attempts to better understand reading, researchers have suggested a variety of models and theories. In 1972 Gayer noted that more than eighty models of reading had been developed. Since the early seventies, many additional models have been proposed, yet no single model or theory completely describes the reading process.

You have described the what is reading! How we read and what reading required. Reading sometimes headace beacuse of language barrier and lack writer's writing skills. Now research shows graphical represetation with text is more readable than only text

i agree with phpphp graphics representation is much effective now than text only because readers are enjoying the graphics as well as the text onlyi admit it.. i am always getting bored when i am reading a text only book aha all i want is to have a simple graphics so that it may have excitement for me

i agree with phpphp graphics representation is much effective now than text only because readers are enjoying the graphics as well as the text onlyi admit it.. i am always getting bored when i am reading a text only book aha all i want is to have a simple graphics so that
it may have excitement for me

Yes,that is why books for young kids are full with graphics and every page have own good graphic.But adults normally they want to rate the book by content,not by graphics but not including typographers :P .Normally we want to see good pictures after 20-30 pages just to see how author thinks the story or whatever it is.

I have come across a computer program called the Speller Ladder Programme, which is a quick, efficient and meaningful computer program that is exciting for children, teachers and parents to use in the educational setting and even the home setting. Special educators, classroom teachers, administrators and parents seem to always be searching for strategies that help children who have reading and spelling difficulties.This program can be used with students as a multi-sensory approach to improve their reading of sight words and their spelling of sight words. It was worked with 26 students for four weeks and gathered data. The pre-test average score was 85% for sight words and 54% for spelling words. After four weeks of minimal interventions of using this program the post-test average score went up to 85% for spelling the words, which was a 31% increase in scores.This data proves that this program is a positive way to make progress with children who are having difficulty with reading and spelling. The children were very excited each time they used the program. It is a very kid-friendly, simple program. The record keeping process is also very efficient and easy to use. The parents of the children who were receiving interventions were very pleased with the quick progress shown with the problem. The teachers also noted after interventions the children were able to carry the skills over into their reading and spelling assignments, tests and tasks. Teachers and parents also confirmed that the children?s confidence improved and they became even more motivated to read and complete spelling activities because they were more successful.As a special services coordinator, I feel this is an effective way to make noticeable quick progress with sight words and spelling skills with kids who have difficulties with these skills. My cousin, who is a good reader, even benefited from this program to make her reading and spelling skills excel well above grade level. I would highly recommend this program to educators and parents who want to make a difference with their children.This is a program well described by the authors and programmers.

You have described the what is reading! How we read and what reading required. Reading sometimes headace beacuse of language barrier and lack writer's writing skills. Now research shows graphical represetation with text is more readable than only text

I described reading as a way to improve better communication skills, and how reading can affect a teacher.

In my teaching I try to simulate some common models of real life reading.Real life: You read because you want to or need to --> Teacher: Creates interestYou make use of your background knowledge to understand a text ---> Teacher: Establish necessary background knowledgeReal life: You read for a reason --> Teacher: set a task before readingReal life: You do something with what you read --> Teacher: Get students to reflect on what they read or do some related activity