xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
donneo

Camera For Usb 3.0 New !

The company plans to Point Grey on the upcoming Intel IDF Conference 2009 (held from 22 to 24 September) to present a prototype digital camera that uses the advantages of USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed USB). The camera has a 3-Megapixel Sony IMX036 CMOS sensor, while the rest of the configuration constitutes P7P55D and Asus board USB 3.0 controller FL1000 company Fresco Logic. Great flow of SuperSpeed USB in this case comes to expression - Point Grey talks about the nekopresirano streaming video in full HD resolution (1080p) with 60 images per second. It is interesting that the basic software you can add various effects to identify people to send first raw videos directly to the main processor for compression. Still no data on the cost of the final product.

Thats great because it will help in biomatrix field for realtime face recognition, isn't it? USB 3.0 I am reading about it first time. can you provide more details about this?

USB 3.0? Old news. For cameras? New news.I'm not exactly thrilled over this, just because I think that USB 2.0 is rather adequate for file transfer purposes. I don't stream video via a camera... I'm actually used to pulling it off of the camera first before actually working with or previewing it.It would be nice though for USB 3.0 to start making its debut and becoming as ubiquitous as USB 2.0. The nice thing about it already is that it shares the same form factor (for the most part), so USB 2.0 devices can still plug into USB 3.0 ports.