xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
donneo

Nokia For Blind People

Nokia in cooperation with the University of Tampere and the Finnish Association of the blind and persons with weak species present in the beta program for the blind. Program Nokia Braille Reader Mon raising work in the background and is activated when receiving SMS. The user, by pressing the right upper edge of the screen activates the reader who vibrating"reads" the message letter by letter. Reading the message can be terminated at any time, remove the finger from the screen. However, Nokia noted that the software is still in beta and that it is necessary opinion of consumers about the functionality and possible upgrades. The program is designed for all Nokia phones that work on the operating system Symbian S60 5th Edition, and more information and links about daunlodiranje you can request an official Nokia Beta Labs.

Edited by donneo (see edit history)

Nokia in cooperation with the University of Tampere and the Finnish Association of the blind and persons with weak species present in the beta program for the blind. Program Nokia Braille Reader Mon raising work in the background and is activated when receiving SMS.
The user, by pressing the right upper edge of the screen activates the reader who vibrating"reads" the message letter by letter. Reading the message can be terminated at any time, remove the finger from the screen. However, Nokia noted that the software is still in beta and that it is necessary opinion of consumers about the functionality and possible upgrades.
The program is designed for all Nokia phones that work on the operating system Symbian S60 5th Edition, and more information and links about daunlodiranje you can request an official Nokia Beta Labs.

Wow! Although im not blind this seems a brilliant idea!
How will they tell by the vibrations?
Are they all diffrent?

"Phoenix" I dont know how they are but if i found i will edit on the post here is some pictures of this phone if you are interested in! I Will attach on the post :P:(Its looking good isn`t it? :lol:

post-83433-1254242915_thumb.jpg

post-83433-1254242945_thumb.jpg

great! Nokia always do these things! I love it. I wish Sony Ericsson started this project in Sweden so I could take part as its related to my field Human computer interaction :-).