xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
donneo

Raising Windows Less Than 9 Seconds

The company Phoenix Technologies of Intel Developer Forum introduced technology that enables the raising of the operating system in less than 9 seconds. New firmware for SecureCore Tiano BIOS should accommodate all the necessary instructions for less than one second before starting the process control system to deliver the operating system. By using these technological system Windows operating system should be raised in less than nine seconds. Firmware on the BIOS SecureCore Tiano will primarily developed for Intel processors with low consumption (Ultra Low Voltage) power that his position would find in a laptop computer intended for a wider range of users.

More information on SecureCore Tiano.

Insane. Now what am I going to do with myself when I hit that power button to boot up? I'll have no time to get up, grab a drink or some food, mosey around for a bit, then sit back down to be welcomed by the infamous Windows hourglass on my cursor as it boots up startup programs!