xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
akira550

How Can It Be?

there are so many pirated Cd's today around the market you cab see many CD's like movies and musics even OPERATING SYSTEM is pirated.. sometimes they already installed it and sell it into a person who don't know about ithe/she doesn't know that the pirated OS can crash his/her Cd buthow can we know if the OS is pirated? that was my question.. is it only by means of updating? or other?because when you update the Pirated CD your pc would crash and i don't know if it would be restore again or can be repairjust want to ask because i am curious about ithow???

The seemingly-easiest way to figure out if your Windows is genuine or not is to use Windows Genuine Advantage, but even legitimate licensed owners are running into problems, especially when transferring their OEM copies of Windows onto another machine. Really, I don't think there's a way to know until you use WGA, and even then, you have to question the legitimacy of the report that WGA gives you. Maybe the seller made a pirated copy of Windows to put onto that PC, or maybe he/she transferred a legitimate OEM copy to that machine but it reports as illegitimate, etc.

many computer sellers are doing that.. they are not going to install the original copy they will install the pirated one yet they will say that it was a genuine OS but when you update it using the automatic updates your pc will crash.. by the way sometimes WGA didn't give you the right answer like what my friend do.. he installed a pirated windows Vista into his PC and use the WGA and yet?? it was a GENUINE product? but he only buy that for only 150 Philippine Peso.. in US dollars its $3... isn't it cheap?

My friend bought a brand new computer with Vista installed. Apparently she "fried some of the hardware", with heavy video editing and had to buy new parts. She couldn't use Vista anymore because of their piracy protection (all the different hardware told Vista something was wrong) so she was forced to switch to Ubuntu. Microsoft's AntiPiracy protection lost a Genuine customer, :lol:I don't know much about Vista or it's anti piracy protection, but it seems impossible that it could be impossible to re-install. Haven't people been using pirated copies for a long time? Well, I'll take my friends word for it. lol

People have been using pirated CDs for a long time. Some of them use them purposely so that they don't have to spend anything and some of them are so unaware of the piracy. Some of them don't even know the meaning or existence of piracy for them it appears that they have paid the price and they have what they wanted.For knowing that your OS is genuine you need to use the Microsoft's WGA, but its not always correct, sometimes it tells you that your copy is not genuine but it might be genuine. So there's no tool to tell with 100% gaurantee that a copy of OS is genuine or not. Now a days people use cracked OSs or some genuine keys which could be used many times. But if you find an OS on a CD-R or CD-WR then its definitely pirated.I am currently using UBUNTU so I don't have to care for genuineness. Yo...OpenSource.