xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
novaforme

My Site Just have a looksee

"This website is currently under constrution.Please come back soon.You can email the webmaster at novaforme@gmail.com"Thats all you have and you made a post for us to look at it? At least get one page up!You've also posted this in the wrong forum! It should be in the Review section instead of General Talk!

ohh my bad about posting it in the wrong spot, and im working on the front page as we type.EDIT: i also just wanted the feed back on the design and stuff

ohh my bad about posting it in the wrong spot, and im working on the front page as we type.

EDIT: i also just wanted the feed back on the design and stuff

48028[/snapback]

you still have no first page... so when I can expect to see it?? :D

Now why would my site be working yesterday just fine but now i have a critical error.

CRITICAL_ERROR:

Line : generic, class2.php

Error reported as: 6

48171[/snapback]

If you use mysql server - than that's your problem... it was down in that time, Im not sure if it's up and ready now, check that in your cpanel... :D That's why I don't use mysql jet - and I do not need it right now... :D

Well it says mysql is up but apache (1.3.33 (Unix)) is down and so is spamd.It also says i dont have any mysql DB's but i should have one so I asume mysql is down.

Novaforme,Just a few words on layout etc.Is easy on the eyes. Good color, nice 3 column layout. Navigation/menue/seperator bars have visable "dents" in them which are A LITTLE distracting. Page transfer time was a little slow with navigation( ie. 10+ seconds to refresh pages or transfer to next page-using a 56K modem)-is it the page content or the server SPEED???Keep up the good work.RGPHNX

It looks okay, but I think it looks a bit standard. You might want to tweak your graphics and/or CSS. I don't really mind those "dents", I think it's nice to have something break up the solidness. I think the colours are fine, perhaps a tad plain?I think you should move the counter box to either under the right bar or under the left bar, right now it looks a bit strange, below and to the side of the content.And now a techie thing: Your site says it's valid XHTML 1.1, but it's not. There are invalid characters in the document, and you are sending the pages as text/html, something that you (according to the spec) "must not" do. If you want to send your document as text/html (to let IE users see your pages) you should use XHTML 1.0, which you only "should" send as application/xhtml+xml and "may" send as text/html. The CSS contains errors as well. And I'm just curious, why are you using XHTML 1.1? Are you planning on embedding MathML or SVG content in your pages?

Well i hate to break it to you guys but this is a CMS, i just played with it and put it up there. im not planing on keeping it tho because i dont really like the layout and im just going to start one from scratch. I do like the thought of useing a CMS but i dont have total controll of what if looks like and i want more graphic elements to it, i agree with you bjrn its just to plain and standard.

i've checked your site, it look's OK. but at the same time it looks very "generic" - it's not ugly - it's preety nice, just I cant stop feel that I've seen that layout & colors before somewhere... other than that nice job. p.s. if you want to check mine website and review it, you can click on banner in my signature... (i would be very gratefull)