xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dolrich06

Tips For A Succesfull Partime Job as what the title suggests

I will be starting my first part time home based job. Im on to web development and was hired as a PHP programmer.What should I do?What should I not do?Will I be paid?Any tips or suggestions would be very much welcome.Thanks.

To start a work in your part time you must be very much prepared that you are agreed to dedicate yourself towards the work otherwise it is of no use. If you are from a web development background then you can think about freelance sites as well. While working on freelance sites you get paid in advance in your escrowed account ,so you don't have to worry that at the end of the jobs you are not going to be get paid.Secondly you will have the full freedom to work according to your own schedules. But don't go for those freelancing sites that require you to download some application or software on your desktop. In this case you are monitored every time and you get paid according to your working hours.

Yes,some sites does requires you to download the software. But those soft. are for data entry,blogging job. I don't know if such software are there for web and software development. odesk,limexchange,elance sites are reputed for freelance jobs offers. There are many other but check the job carefully.Some buyer have tendency to force people to work for more than they paid for. Be honest with your work. Bid only if you are comfortable with job. Good luck with freelancing.

Great i think you should get some work.i think if you love your job and you had worked on php go and do not think to much...Maybe the pays wont be as high as they were but you will have a money!!!

Ok, I'm a bit confused. You said you had been hired, so when you were told you were hired did not your boss explain to you what your duties were to be and what was or was not expected of you? And certainly I would think that some sort of payment for your efforts would of been discused. For example, say you conctacted me for a job helping me sell pups online. I would give you urls where you could place ads, send you information as to what pups I had available, and get you what ever information you needed, then I would work out some sort of percentage that I would pay you for every pup you sold. But I would expect that we would work out all the details between the 2 of us before you ever started. Before you get too deeply involved in what ever this job is, you definatly need to get more information on what your job entails. Good luck, I hope it works out well for you.

So you are going to be a php programmer, working from home. Congrats.Be honest in your work. Understand the instrucation your 'boss' gives youAs a beginner work more dont think of the porfit for now. Best of Luck