xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jomonkoyippally

Google Voice.

Google Voice and Wave are in beta. They'll be available to all the users in world soon. Some features are still restricted to US/Canada users. and yet to be introduced for all the users in the world. From blog of google voice you can see that they're supporting voice mail inbox. Also kept help for newbies on how to get started with google voice. There are more features added to their services like call forward, send and receive SMS etc. Read more on their blog. I'm waiting for their services. Especially Google Wave, cause it offers collaborative environment.

Looks great, the interface looks similar to that of GMail. (And I love GMail.)Too bad I don't have a smart phone, or I wouldn't hesitate to apply for an invite. :lol:

I have been using Google Voice for quite a while now, and I don't know how I got by before without it. I have no cell reception at my house, and I do not have a land line, so I was primarily using text chat and email to keep in touch with people when I was at home. Once I got Google voice, however, I signed up for Skype in ($60/yr) so I can get incoming and make outgoing phone calls via google voice. Viola, when someone rings my google voice number, it rings my cell when I am away and my skype when I am home. Perfect.

I have a situation very similar to galexcd, but I haven't made the jump to Google voice yet. However, I just wanted to say that the ability to be connected digitally can't be underestimated or ignored -- there is a vast amount of flexibility that can be gained from our current level of technology, and I'm always looking forward to seeing the development of new methods of connectivity and the improvement of old standards.I use Skype for the same reason, because my home location doesn't provide cellphone reception, and it helps me immeasurably. I'm going to have to give this Google voice a try :lol:

I found this review from paul stamatiou an interesting read. It's not available in my country yet. If it comes then i'll be checking it out for sure. I've found many interesting things from that review. Let's see when i get my hands on that account of google voice.

There is also one post at lifehacker. It's first look at google voice.More features are added after this review, so you know what things to skip in it. If you're interested in article at lifehacker, here it is.