xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
willmark

G,h,w,dont Work On My Laptop HELP

g,h,w and back space dont work its a dell inspiron

six400

I don't know... looks like you typed up G, H, and W without too much difficulty... :P

(Yeah, I'm a smartass.)

If the keys don't work after pressing them, try applying a bit more pressure. If it's still a no-go, you could pry up the key and try pressing the actual nub to see if that works. (That seems pretty redundant anyway, but couldn't hurt to try. Although it could, since laptop key suspensions are very easy to break.) The keys may have just died... and I don't think it's worth wasting time to try to restore the contacts, but you could definitely try. Worst thing you could do is kill the partially-dead keyboard. :lol:

Your best best is to ask Dell for a replacement keyboard and do the work yourself, and if it's under warranty, even better. Laptop keyboards aren't too bad of an expense for a replacement ($20+), and for your make and model, I'm seeing $9+. Breaking down Dell laptops seems to be an easy affair for me, and I don't think you'd have a problem prying up the plastic to gain access to the screws for the keyboard, lifting it up slowly to detach the ribbon cable, removing the original keyboard, setting the new keyboard and attaching the same ribbon cable, screw it back down, then pressing down on the plastic enclosure piece to finish your handy-work.

i have tried all things you have sujested i think it may be a virus or my keyboard is fecked and this is on screen keyboard and what a pain in the *bottom* it is but thanks anyway for your help. looks like i will have to buy a new one

i have tried all things you have sujested i think it may be a virus or my keyboard is fecked and this is on screen keyboard and what a pain in the *bottom* it is but thanks anyway for your help. looks like i will have to buy a new one

it cant affect your onscreen keyboard. I would suggest you either clean your keyboard.
Or even go over your keyboard settings and check them out.

Notice from galexcd:
No need to sign your post off with your name