xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How to change the options for the \"welcome/logon\" screen in Vista Windows Vista: Disabling Login Screen

How to change the options for the "welcome/logon" screen in VistaWindows Vista: Disabling Login Screen

I have windows vista home premium..I don't mind the logon screen.. But I don't like how it is very different then normal.

The icon is very small, and there is no power options. (I can't turn off the computer from the screen)

How do you change this?

-question by Dylan.D

make power option appear on logon screenHow to change the options for the "welcome/logon" screen in Vista

ok what I am going to tell you may seem difficult but it is real easy.

First of all click on the START button and enter "regedit" in the search bar and select it

UAC (User Acount Control) will appear... Press ENTER

Then search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE on the left side (open it), then SOFTWARE,

MICROSOFT, WINDOWS, CURRENT VERSION, POLICIES, SYSTEM

now look on the right side and right-click on "shutdownwithoutlogon" and select modify.

Now just change the Value to 1 and click ok. The next time you Log on, you will see the shut

down button

-reply by SEBERUS

I followed the steps diligently, but "shutdownwithoutlogon" is not found., instead there is "undockwithoutlogon". The value is set at 1. Do I just rename it?

-reply by Mark Gilgal