xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Www.AnthonyLazaroni.Com

Atheism Why i dont beleive in religion.

Why Would god damn you to hell for all eternity because you don't blindly follow him.
------

If god is willing, and unable, then he is not omnipotent.
If god is not willing, but able, then isn't he evil?
If he is neither willing nor able, Then why call him God?

------
Why would god kill millions of children a year?
------
If English was established later in time, and Jesus was born in Africa, why is the bible in english.
and who noted all of it, and managed to preserve it?
------
Believing that gods plans are so inferior that telepathically
communicating with him will make him change his plans.
------
How were there angels, in the form of humans, before Adam and Eve?
If there Weren't, how could "Lucifer" An angel gone bad, be the devil?
------
"Its all part of the divine plan" "Everything happens for a reason" what happened to FREE WILL?
------
The 'Feelings' And 'Emotions' we have, are just chemical reactions firing off in our brain.
------
God created man, Gave them Original Sin, Gave birth to himself through a virgin,
and sacraficed himself to save us. TA-DAH!
------
If there is a "Hell" Inside the earth, why has it not yet been revealed for 2000 years.
Why has the devil not shown himself? Is he too busy with the aliens
or busy transforming into a snake?
------
If he "Loves Us All" Why give us a Strict set of rules to live buy.
that, again limits your so-called "Free Will"
You cant have it all.
------

Raptor Jesus, Because nowhere in the bible does it state that
Jesus WAS NOT a dinosaur.

------
Blindly following and calling it "Faith" Does not mean
that you deserve to be happy for all eternity.
------
It does no good to tell an atheist to have an "Open Mind"
because An Open Mind, does not mean beleiving in a cosmic god that made us out of dirt.
|
Dirt does not turn into self replicating cells that know when to attack viruses.
------
People of christianity are skeptic towards other religions miracles
yet get angry when an atheist is skeptic towards theirs.
------

Atheists don’t like the fact that we’re all going to die any more than religious people do.
this fear does not prove there is an afterlife
only that we wish there was an afterlife.
But wishing doesn’t make it true

------
There is no reason to believe our consciousness survives the death of our brains.
the only "afterlife" or reincarnation is reproduction.
------

The idea of hell strikes atheists as a scam
an attempt to get people to believe through fear what they
cannot believe through reason and evidence

------

Open to any arguments, and debates
Notice from truefusion:
Quoted what was found to be copied or from an outside source.

1. Why would god kill millions of children a year?
2. If English was established later in time, and Jesus was born in Africa, why is the bible in english.
3. Believing that gods plans are so inferior that telepathically

1. You'll have to define what you exactly mean by "killing". After all, non-physical beings can't kill stuff? So you mean god not helping children out and chilling with a cup of coffee on the balcony instead? Well how you can define that killing? If you see someone dying on the street(uhmm.. I know, very unlikely but whatever) and you could help him, but you do not, then is it a murder? You're trying to appeal to people's sympathy, wrong way to start a debate.

2. Why don't you verify those claims before embarrassing yourself on a public forum?
Bible wasn't written in Africa, nor it was written in English. It was translated into English later.

3. You're right on this one, but I don't think people communicate with god(well, if you can call praying a way of communication).

How were there angels, in the form of humans, before Adam and Eve?

In the form of humans? And why can't lucifer be the devil even if it's not in the form of human.

4. "Its all part of the divine plan" "Everything happens for a reason" what happened to FREE WILL?

5. The 'Feelings' And 'Emotions' we have, are just chemical reactions firing off in our brain.

6.God created man, Gave them Original Sin, Gave birth to himself through a virgin,

7. If there is a "Hell" Inside the earth, why has it not yet been revealed for 2000 years.

4. Free will is an illusion. That's why, nothing can happen to something if it doesn't exist.

5. I don't get why the fact that they are only chemical reactions makes them less amazing?

6. Well, obviously, he's all-powerful so why not?

7. Because we have only have dug to the depth of about 13 kilometers? And how it has to be inside earth? Can't it be a "it'snotapartofthisreality"-thing like heaven and stuff?

If he "Loves Us All" Why give us a Strict set of rules to live buy.
You cant have it all.

You love your children and still don't want them to party 24/7. This argument is stupid, try to copypaste better ones off the net, man.
"Free will"(you know, the one that doesn't exist), doesn't change the rules life. Of course you can choose both ways, but the consequences are different.

Raptor Jesus, Because nowhere in the bible does it state that

And the point is...?

Blindly following and calling it "Faith" Does not mean

Maybe not, but you can still wish and think so, can't you? Like this post of yours doesn't deserve to be on the face of internet, yet it still does.

It does no good to tell an atheist to have an "Open Mind"
because An Open Mind, does not mean believing in a cosmic god that made us out of dirt.
Dirt does not turn into self replicating cells that know when to attack viruses.

Go study some abiogenesis principles and come back to this discussion later.

People of christianity are skeptic towards other religions miracles

Why you're attacking christianity only? Most of other religions do this too.

There is no reason to believe our consciousness survives the death of our brains.

But by definition, we have a "soul" which survives the death of our brains.

And don't get me wrong, I'm an atheist, but your post was so stupid that I just had to reply!

1. Why Would god damn you to hell for all eternity because you don't blindly follow him.

------

2. If god is willing, and unable, then he is not omnipotent.

If god is not willing, but able, then isn't he evil?

If he is neither willing nor able, Then why call him God?

------

3. Why would god kill millions of children a year?

------

4. If English was established later in time, and Jesus was born in Africa, why is the bible in english.

------

5. Believing that gods plans are so inferior that telepathically

------

6. How were there angels, in the form of humans, before Adam and Eve?

------

7. "Its all part of the divine plan" "Everything happens for a reason" what happened to FREE WILL?

------

8. The 'Feelings' And 'Emotions' we have, are just chemical reactions firing off in our brain.

------

9. God created man, Gave them Original Sin, Gave birth to himself through a virgin,

------

10. If there is a "Hell" Inside the earth, why has it not yet been revealed for 2000 years.

------

11. If he "Loves Us All" Why give us a Strict set of rules to live buy.

You cant have it all.

------

12. Raptor Jesus, Because nowhere in the bible does it state that

------

13. Blindly following and calling it "Faith" Does not mean

------

14. It does no good to tell an atheist to have an "Open Mind"

because An Open Mind, does not mean beleiving in a cosmic god that made us out of dirt.

|

15. Dirt does not turn into self replicating cells that know when to attack viruses.

------

16. People of christianity are skeptic towards other religions miracles

------

17. Atheists don't like the fact that we're all going to die any more than religious people do.

this fear does not prove there is an afterlife

only that we wish there was an afterlife.

But wishing doesn't make it true

------

18. There is no reason to believe our consciousness survives the death of our brains.

------

19. The idea of hell strikes atheists as a scam

an attempt to get people to believe through fear what they

cannot believe through reason and evidence

------

Open to any arguments, and debates

1. He doesn't, you condemn yourself by your own sin, and the sins your ancestors have committed. Jesus died to save us from sin, but it doesn't have an effect if you choose to believe he didn't. The bible does say that whose who don't have a chance to know him are saved by default, it's only those who have heard about Jesus and choose to ignore what he did that are in trouble.

2. God has a plan that humans cannot comprehend, I'm sure if you know any Christians that you've heard this one before. God is willing, able, and has already done things for the good of humanity. God gives us free will, and the will of man has brought pain and suffering to others. Free will that is taken away when we do wrong is not truly free will at all.

3. I come back to the last statement, God does not kill, he saves. If someone dies and he doesn't save them, it doesn't mean he killed them, nor that he did nothing. Besides, saving the soul is more important than saving the body; after all, one is temporary, the other is eternal.

4. This argument is pathetic, and just goes to show how little you actually know about Christianity. It was written in Hebrew, the native language of the Jewish, Jesus' people. It's been translated into countless other languages after the fact.

5. We don't change his plans or bend his will but God does pay attention to what we desire and require, especially when we have a deep relationship with him. Because of this, we don't really need to pray to stay in touch, it just helps us, as humans, connect with him.

6. The way you phrased this one is weird, so I don't really get what you're asking.

7. God gives us free will, yes, and he's factored that into it. He also knows us each so deeply that he can anticipate how we'll react to absolutely every possible situation. He factors everything in to get things to turn out exactly the way it has to; if a human disrupts the plan, He can correct it by making changes elsewhere. His knowledge and wisdom are greater than any human can comprehend, and I don't think you give Him enough credit.

8. You can argue that those chemicals are made up of elements, molecules, atoms too, but really, these units keep getting smaller and smaller, does it ever end? Our bodies are infinitely complex, and can't be degraded so easily simply by breaking things up into pieces like that.

9. Yup, God is pretty amazing, eh? Sorry, I don't see your point. God didn't give us sin, He only gave us the potential for it. We messed things up, with a little help from "Lucifer," not God.

10. The bible never says it is "inside the Earth" specifically, it could be anywhere. If we want to go with this idea of it, however, the earth's core has not been explored yet. Scientists say it's a sphere of molten metal, burning at unbelievably high temperatures. Sounds like a potential candidate to me.

11. Ah, but you left out the fact that people choose to disobey those laws every day. The bible is a guide to making the right choices, but if you want to make the wrong ones, you can. Also, life is more complex than sin/not sin, even if you were to follow every single law in the bible perfectly, there would be an infinite number of ways you could live your life.

12. Don't make ridiculous statements, they don't prove anything.

13. You're right, we don't deserve it, but God loves us so much that he's willing to give us a shot at that for free. All we have to do is trust him, which doesn't seem so hard. (But it seems to be so for a lot of people.)

14. He made us out of NOTHING. Not just us either, the whole universe. Coming to the point of your statement, having an open mind just means not smacking down ideas without giving them consideration simply because of your prejudgments, which is something a lot of people who call themselves atheists do.

15. Same as before, the bible doesn't say anything about us coming from dirt. God created it all, the only thing there was in the beginning was him, and he did it all. (Including dirt.)

16. Not all of today's miracles are really miracles preformed by God, some of them genuinely are coincidences. Truth be told you should be skeptical of that sort of thing, otherwise you might be easily tricked into joining up with a false messiah.

17. No, wishing isn't what makes it true, God is. Besides, what have you got to lose in believing in life after death? An easier passing, less worrying about the end?

18. Christians believe in a soul, which our entire being is focused into. The mind is an outlet for the soul, that allows our soul to work in a physical body. There is reason to believe it, and it's a bad argument to say that there isn't. Christianity has been around for over 2,000 years, don't think that these arguments you are making are anything no one's heard before.

19. You impression of it isn't hard evidence, it's only conjecture, making this argument invalid. I know very well what a typical atheist's reaction to Christianity is, and you probably have some idea of what a Christian's typical response to atheism is; neither can be used to prove a point.

...and you probably have some idea of what a Christian's typical response to atheism is; neither can be used to prove a point.

I wouldn't be so sure, from his statements saying Jesus was in Africa and stuff.. I don't think he/she has seen a christian before. :PAnyway, I would like to debate you on some points, but I'm already doing that on another topic with a couple members, I can't handle two :( Besides religion is boring. :lol:

Well in that statement I was taking into assumption that his faith, or lack thereof, had ever been challenged. You're probably right, he made some ridiculous statements in there, but still I don't like to assume the person I'm debating with is completely incompetent, else it's not really a debate at all. Also, religion isn't boring. :lol:

Interesting, some i've never heard?and apparently for good reason. But i'm not surprised that i didn't find a valid reason for atheism. Many of them aren't even arguments. If i can coin a term here, i would say this is a good case of "atheism of the gaps." I don't expect the topic starter to be responding to this topic, but if they do, then i'll consider addressing some statements.