xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
willmark

Problems Getting On Trap17

I've been planning on using Xisto's hosting services for the longest time, but there are a few problems:

I'm lazy.

I haven't thought of a good idea or purpose for my website yet.

I've been rather busy with work and other things, like looking to buy a home at the moment.

I'm lazy.

If I decided to purchase a decent hosting plan, I could literally leave Xisto for a few years before having to come back to post and continue earning myCents to keep my hosting up... as long as myCents and Xisto are still kicking around by then. :lol: (A lot of people who were already hosted were using hosting credits before Opaque rolled in with the myCents concept... not sure if they all had to earn myCents to continue their hosting or if their existing credits were converted... which makes me wonder if that's what would happen if myCents went away... hypothetically-speaking.) It's just that I would hate to "buy" a website and just sit on it because I don't have the time or the motivation to actually work on it at the moment. Right now, the only things that I could think of doing with a website is to advertise my personal portfolio and promote my at-home business, but other than that, I haven't come up with any real ideas yet.

Keep in mind too that I've tried to keep most of my posts "long" and informative and I've lurked for almost a year's time, and although I haven't exactly posted as much as some of the other regulars have, I try to make sure that I do quality posting to make up for it... and to actually "earn" my myCents. And that's why I've stressed in the past (along with others) that it's quality posting that counts... which is why I can actually host a site for over 3 years without having to come back here to continue earning myCents until I run out. :P

I suppose that's true... I won't know whether to cry or laugh if I ended up being like you though... now that I think about it, yeah, I don't really know what my site's going to be about now. First its a gaming site, but then I reaslised that I would have to know how to program and code, in which I really don't have any idea in how to do it?

Then it's a design site, but then I can easily host it at completely free hosting services (with no posting whatsoever) and still keep up with my site,

And then it's an experimental site for practicing psychics to "prove" that psychic abilities do exist,

And now it's a blogging thing to help me make money for me to host the experimental site without having to post as much as I am right now...

So I'm going in circles...

I don't know what to do with my life!!!

Argh... but I've got enough to host me for a like, quite a few years, I think, with domains and stuff...

Hey people why you say it is really annoying...If you continue spamming instead of posting,by the first mycents will be gone.Second this forum will be gone.And third if you promote website your hosting will be down.There need to be problems with hosting.There isn't hosting with no server problems if it is popular.That is why i love to see small and not popular hostings which are more cheap and they never go down.But i will always use Xisto and post here,and with and without mycents.But i will not spam.There should be more users which will click on the ads so trap will get money to buy new servers.