xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ackotheadvertiser

My Memory Stick Messing With My Phone(and Me)

Hi. I just got this memory card(memory stick pro duo) for my Sony Ericsson K750i(which is more than 2 years old, but still almost without a scratch) and it was okay for the first month and few days and then it started not to work properly. It start slowing down my phone and it couldn't play the music and I couldn't see the pictures. So I got it out, I blowed some wind in it, thinking it'll fix the problems my eliminating the dust(lol). I put it back to my phone and the nest thing I know, everything on my memory stick got erased(please, by blowing in it !?). So I transferred the music back to it, but my pictures were gone with the wind). It worked fine for a while but now I can't capture video or images and save them on my memory card, I have to save them on my phone if I want them to exist. It also doesn't read the music -again! When I transfer an image via bluetooth, all I see is the black colour... How do I fix this? Is it possible that this memory (1GB) is too much for my phone ?

Naah, it's not like that in here... It seemed the memory card will properly if it has like 250MB+ free on it. I learned that the hard way, so I lost a lot of good pictures... My whole summer vacation was gone and so were like 50 other images and some awesome videos...

ouch. you lost your data on your memory stick completely? ever tried data recovery tools first? that's a hard lesson to learn. i never had a problem with my phone's memory card, so far. i got a 1GB capacity mmc for my nokia mobile, but i didn't experience a diminished performance even if i had to go almost to the limit and fill it up with just 10MB to spare. maybe it's just compatibility issues with yours, which is why you're not getting the maximum benefit from your memory stick on your mobile. not all memory sticks are created equal, which is why you should ask a replacement or refund if you're getting problems. is warranty already voided which keeps you from returning it? check if the memory capacity you have bought is the maximum prescribed for your phone. if it's over and above the prescribed, then that will surely cause issues. mine, for example, is prescribed to work with up to 1GB, but i've heard that others tested 2GB... and it worked... until it gets corrupted when it reaches a third of its capacity. maybe that is what's happening with your unit's memory. ask for a more reliable and quality brand next time too for your purchase. i'm not really familiar with SE-compatible memory sticks, or if there are generic, 3rd-party manufacturers for sticks that may work with SEs. but with nokia (from experience), there are lots of brands of memories to choose from in our local shops here which can work with it. it's a hit-and-miss sometimes, in choosing the right brand to use. i just pick the most reliable brand i'm hearing, the more established, the better. :lol: one last thing: it could be static which played a role in your mishap. possibly the same with a pc ram, when handled improperly. :P just narrowing things. :(

Has, it was pretty much like going into the store and asking for bread, no warranty and stuff like that... I'm talking about Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo, which was more expensive than the Sandisk's microSD(or m2, not so sure) with adapter, so I thought it won't make any problems. It also says 'High Speed' on the cover and when I connect my phone to the PC, it takes hours to transfer a few 100 MB's to the external memory. Maybe I should of bought a 512 MB, my phone kind of blocks when it's filled a bit more than that anyway...