xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ne0n

Rate Of Job Cutting 'is Slowing'

Have you lost your job? Well please tell us how and why.

When I was talking to someone about their job they said they had lost it earlier that day and it struct me why and below:

The pace of deterioration in the UK job market is slowing but the number of public sector employers expecting to cut staff has risen, a survey suggests.Ten per cent more employers planned to cut staff in the three months from June than recruit, the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development found.

But that was better than the previous three months, when the balance was 19%.

The report still concludes unemployment will hit 3.2 million in 2010. Official jobless data is due out on Wednesday.

The figure for the private sector was particularly strong, with the balance of firms cutting over those recruiting shrinking from 30% to 2%.

But the public sector has gone in the opposite direction, with the figure growing from 3% to 28%, with cuts in some areas of public spending anticipated.

John Philpott, chief economist at the CIPD, said local authorities were coming under financial pressure.

"Their budgets are being squeezed and they can't get extra income from high council tax bills so they've got to make economies," he told the BBC.

He added that not all job cuts would be related to the recession, with local authority restructuring also likely to take its toll.

The CIPD research was based on responses from 923 of its members.

And it highlighted concerns there may be fewer opportunities for new school-leavers.

"When it comes to the immediate jobs outlook, the best that can be said is that things are getting worse more slowly," Mr Philpott said.

Have you lost your job? Well please tell us how and why.
When I was talking to someone about their job they said they had lost it earlier that day and it struct me why and below:

I was an employee in "satyam infotech"- India and suddenly I got a message saying your post has been cancelled due to on going recession and we are sorry to inform you that etc etc...
I was so much shocked. I couldnt imagine i was out of this company.

It always makes me chuckle when everyone gets excited that jobs are being cut at a slower rate. Well of course they are, once you're down to a skeleton crew there's no one left to fire. The fact that jobs are still being cut is still not a good thing. I noticed todays German employment is down by less than expected and the market jumped up and down. Job cuts signify retraction not growth.Once the levels hit a certain low then they will start to recover. Unless economic conditions are so bad that unemployment rates stay low, you will still see fluctuations in the numbers. Any positive number is bound to get the markets excited again and enough momentum will stimulate another bull cycle.You may as well flip a coin.

I am really agree to phoenix as he told that the rate of jobs cuts is slowing. From the begining of september most of the IT companies have started to hire freshers after this hard time of recession. They are open to recruit freshers for their entry level positions. This is really a god news for those people who were scared about job cuts due to horrifying state of world economy.