xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FruitRocks

Is Saying The Term: "i Want To Kill The President Of The United States Of America" Illegal?

I think there's a legal difference between saying "I want" and "I plan to/want to/am going to".
Threatening to kill the president is definitely illegal even if you claim you were joking, but since it'd be a big hassle to punish everyone for saying it, they must use some discretion. Even though it constitutes a death threat against the head of state, I think authorities are pretty lenient with the comment since it's so often used in general when a person is angry "I'm going to kill that guy who stole my woman!" etc.

Absolutely agree with you! Everyone has freedom of speech but if actually actions violate law/rules will get corresponding publishments. If your speech or actions threaten the security of society, you are likely to be arrested for that sake.
Edited by angelacat (see edit history)

oh give it a rest already will you?

Oh come on Anwiii, you know you don't mean that! What would you do for intertainment if I gave it a rest? Tell me truthfully, is there anybody on this forum you enjoy argueing with more than me??? :D

While I might not have quite the number of death threats as Obummer, as someone who is involved with animal agriculture, the threat of terrorism by animal rights activists is a real and constant danger in my profession. Yes, I have recieved death threats. My windows are not painted black and I do not hide.

The boy I mentioned in my previous post was 13, and he did not make a threat against the president, I was just using it as an example as to what our current administration is up to. He made a simple statement on a web site, the same thing I'm sure went through the minds and mouths of many other people when Ben Ladin was killed, he feared that there would be retaliation strikes against the USA.

As to your point about not believing Obummer has no respect for our constitution, off the top of my head, the first one I can think of is how HE specifically banned anyone in the military to speak at any faith based meetings. Just because someone is in the military, that person does not or should not loose their rights to free speach, and the right to attend any religous gathering or even an event that is sponcered by a religious organization. I am sure there are numerous other examples I could dig up if I had the time. His cabinette apointments should give anyone cause for concern, when he puts people in power that had specific agenda's against the very organizations he put them in charge of.