xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Neon

Ffviii Vs Ffx

FFVIII vs FFX  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They shouldn't really be directly compared, considering the console/generation difference.I never had much of a liking for FFVIII, I can never get myself into it for some reason. Also, I found, once you're stuck, you're stuck, as monsters/bosses level up as you do, so you can't just go away and train if you can't win... *got stuck on Cerb*FFX's sphere system, as opposed to FFVIII's junction system is a helluva lot simpler to use and understand. I'm not a stats freak, and nitpicky things like junction was just not for me. I do have to say, though, I didn't like how in FFX the characters were "assigned" different roles from the outset -> Wakka kills flying stuff, Auron kills armoured stuff, Tidus kills fast stuff, Rikku is useless etc :DI liked Eyes on Me from FFVIII though...

hhmm sorry to say but i dont like either system eventhough i completed FFX i still didnt like the whole sphere system... my favorite final fantasy was FFIX but no one seems to like it or play it. i prefer just leveling up your abilities by fighting i dont like it on how you move around a sphere map and if you screw up you mess up your character...

hhmm sorry to say but i dont like either system eventhough i completed FFX i still didnt like the whole sphere system... my favorite final fantasy was FFIX but no one seems to like it or play it. i prefer just leveling up your abilities by fighting i dont like it on how you move around a sphere map and if you screw up you mess up your character...

48116[/snapback]

Same. The Sphere system (even the advanced), seemed a bit restrictive to me. The Junction system was too complex. I really liked Materia from FFVII though.

My fave FF is IX also, though all my friends would disagree. It's great how it's kinda back to the old school style. I don't see how people have such a problem with the "chibi" characters -> big heads/small body. I thought it was kinda cute. I guess gaining abilities through weapons was really quite simple...

ya i think it was cool on how you gain abilities through weapons that way you can set a goal for yourself and actually get it done unlike the other systems when you have to wear armor or weapons with the ability, what if the weapon or armor has low stats...that really messes up the game i think...and ya the whole theme in FFIX was really different from the rest i think other ones were all in the future with machines and stuff but IX had this nice medieval sort of theme which i really enjoyed.

I would say ff9, FFX was somewhat of a disapointment to me... and the style of 9(chracter design, even the monsters and story) just seemed more entertaining.I can't quite place my finger on what i didn't like about x... but i just didnt.