xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
D. Benitez

Temptation--do You Struggle?

Today at church the topic was Temptation and I thought I would share it with Xisto viewers. I can imagine there are many people who struggle in the area of temptation. That is part of life. Everyone's Temptation is different and some may not even see it as a problem and others might struggle everyday trying to overcome. I would like to share the passage today and I pray it helps someone who might be looking for help in this area.How To Win Over Temptation:James 1:12-18-- God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward, they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. And remember, when you are being tempted, do not say, "God is tempting me." God is never tempted to do wrong, and he never tempts anyone else. Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death.

Now ignoring all the Religion in it, it makes an aweful lot of sense, however, it doesn't state how to overcome tempation, merely states the obvious. But I agree, why do we fight temptation, because that tempation has a negitive effect on ourself. Gluttony is a good example, especially if what you are eating is very unhealthy, gluttony depending on the context is often selfish, I've had problems with Gluttony for years, it is annoying to try not eating, I nearly went and made a sandwhich at 12:30 and I'm not even hungry so it is annoying problem, and there are lots of other tempations apart from Gluttony, of course sometimes you let yourself fall to your tempations depending on what it is, in moderation.Also the Bible Quote need to go in Quote marks.

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)