xisto Community
sofiaweb

Ms Vista Home Premium 32bit And Mcafee, Outlook 2007 MS Vista Home Premium 32bit and Mcafee, Outlook 2007

I have question regarding MS Outlook 2007. I met problem where on computer Outlook 2007 doesn't send out e-mail. I removed McAfee firewall from computer restart machine. Smtp settings are corrrect, Internet connections worked properly. Win Firewall doesn't block smtp port Can Internet provider block smtp port if machine was or is hijack? Could pst file damage by spyware could cause the problem? Thanx

Some Internet service providers, as a method of preventing spam, like you to use their own SMTP server to send email. If you contact your ISP they should be able to tell you if this is the case, and give you the details you'll need to put into Outlook instead of the SMTP server you are using at the moment.If your machine has a virus or some form of malware that is sending out spam emails then your ISP may well have blocked your connection from using the ports for SMTP. Again, if you contact your ISP they will be able to tell you if they have done this, and what you can do about it.

I would agress that ISP can block you from accessing the SMTP port, but they would have to let you know in some way. However, I think your problem has to be are you using the correct information to send your email from Outlook to begin with. Usually that is were the problem lies and that your not using the correct ISP POP and SMTP and so you should check with your ISP's website to see if your using the right information. Of course, you may want to make sure that Outlook is has been updated and that your computer is properly secured and clean as well.