xisto Community
LastCause

Photography Class Works the last summary

Well here are some of the latest works of mine. Decided to go with plants :)

Chek it out and tell me if you like these.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some nice pictures you have there. Could you explain the process and equipment you have used to get that kind of picture and effect? I know nothing at all about photography.

i like your pics. just a couple constuctive critisisms...in the first picture, all the leaves are in focus except one. that doesn't seem like it was intended since it was a closeup.in the second picture and the first, you have all the leaves cut off. usually that is a big no no in photography. in my opinion, you should have all the leaves in tact or don't shoot a flower or flower-like plant unless shooting a closeup of the center.did you develop those yourself?just at a quick glance, i would have shot the second photo with the background of the plant out of focus and the center in crisp focus to make it stand out more since you already have it centered(another no no in photography unless it's done intentional in a creative way)in the third picture, the picture is too off center AND you are cutting off the plant again. usually when shooting an off center picture like that, it's giving the subjects perspective view. like when shooting a human or animal and what it's staring at...even if it's a dark black space....doesn't work with a plantwhat i especially like though is the lighting. well done with the flash in all the pictures but #2 and #3 in particular.in one of the pictures, it would have been kinda cool to see a shadow effect in the background with the help of the right lighting and angle

Digital black and white? Reminds me of going darkroom doing DIY photo processing. That was my best time ever had. Pic #2 looks ok. Pic #1 and #3 seems to have bad composition. Also, your flash is too direct to the subject, causing an unwanted focus to your photo.

Nice pictures, but I don't see anything interesting in there. Maybe some explanation could be a good thing. I mean some words more to explain your art. As far as I remember when I was on high school our teacher, a painter and artist used to show us the students some really old pictures of a century or two centuries ago, and while pictures were on the background, he used to express his own feelings over them. It was a nice time. Yes for me I prefer someone to explain and tell more about photography.

thanks for all the advice guys :DYes this is digital and it was actually my first digital tryout in over a year as i have been working with classic developement for over a year in school :P The pictures do not really have a story to them :) The plant i took pictures of was a plant i started growing in grade 8 as a biology project and it somehow survived up today

Still, its something you do :) Some people love over exposed shots while some prefer odd compositions of a subject. Lots of room for improvements. Will look forward to more of your shots.

yes i am planning on just going out with my friends sometime and just take pics of things and edit them in crazy ways :)ill deff post sum for people to discuss!

Some good stuff there, nice lighting, good contrast with the black and white. Even though I am no photography expert, I would have to agree with the statements of anwii and another thing that I have notice was that the first two show a lot of pixelation instead of being smooth. Granted it could be the camera or the editing process but with a camera you usually would want a very hi-res camera that offers a large amount of pixels. I know there are camera that have more then 10x Megapixel action but you would have to shop around for that, of course you could get the same smooth effect with a regular camera as well.