xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SuburbanalCuts

Movie Reviews Post Reviews of Movies

Yeah homies? Got any movies u wanna review? Post em here and tell all dah homies what to check out and what not to. Here's mine: MALCOLM X: PLOT:Yo bro. Well, the plot is Malcolm X's life. This movie is based on his Autobiography, eh. Yeah. The movie begins with Spike Lee, playing "Shorty," walking to dah barbershop to give Malcs some "Conk." Conk is like this stuff that makes your hair turn red an' short and stuff and it burns like little_dogs. Anyway, he uses this stuff ta make him look "white," because, as Malcolm says in his autobiography, there was somewhat of a sense that the lighter skin african americans were better. He eventually recieves a revelation from Ellijah Muhammad (some cult Islam leader) in jail and becomes a Muslim. But Muhhammad is a son of dog as you will see as the movie progresses.MY OPINION:yEaauauuh. The first half is notta that good, if you know what I mean. I likes the last half though. Pretty noice. It's corny at times, I must say. D. Washington is pretty convincing as X a lot of times. And his reenactments of the speeches are really good. Yup. In my opinion, Malcolm X's autobiography is better, even though I'm only like a quarter thru. But the movie is pretty good so if ya hab a few of the buckies, go rent it.RATING: 3/5