xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ashutosh_malguri

Wat Is Advangage Of Vbulletin Over Free Scripts

Hey frnds since the time i wanted 2 start new forums i was confused which script to use

what is the advantage of using vBulletin (paid) over free scripts like phpBB3 or simple machines etc.
like how much difference will it make if i use vbulletin over free scripts & has it anything to do with SEO , speed .

waiting for help
-thanks in advance

Hey frnds since the time i wanted 2 start new forums i was confused which script to use
what is the advantage of using vBulletin (paid) over free scripts like phpBB3 or simple machines etc.
like how much difference will it make if i use vbulletin over free scripts & has it anything to do with SEO , speed .

waiting for help
-thanks in advance

First of all please do not shout with such huge fonts. We are not blind nor are we moron like your case.

Now coming to vBulletin. It is the best forum script that is available. A few years back it was available to the common , now it is not, because it has grown enough market popularity and is s strong robust forum script. As far as phpbb3 is cocerned it is a good one but not as much as vBulletin is. The use of vB will greatly enhance the forum features, but the choice of skin is a big issue that needs to be addressed to.

The support for vB is also great and the time taken to customize is also considerably much less.

First of all please do not shout with such huge fonts. We are not blind nor are we moron like your case.
Now coming to vBulletin. It is the best forum script that is available. A few years back it was available to the common , now it is not, because it has grown enough market popularity and is s strong robust forum script. As far as phpbb3 is cocerned it is a good one but not as much as vBulletin is. The use of vB will greatly enhance the forum features, but the choice of skin is a big issue that needs to be addressed to.

The support for vB is also great and the time taken to customize is also considerably much less.

srry 4 da font

Okay, vBulletin has some little features that are good like rep, etc etc. But I still think Invision Power Board is way better, they have a vast database of mods, easy Admin CP, posting etc. It's just my 2 cents though. :)

Personally i like both vbulletin and invision power board. Beeing a forums addict i gotta say i surf around both kinds. In my opinion Invision power board looks a little better then vbulletin , no matther what skin you use .If u want to talk about seo , vbulletin's past versions "needed" vbSeo to have anything to do with google and yahoo searches .. but now after vBulletin 4 was launched it has some kind of vbseo inside of it.Too bad it's full of bugs .. but hopefully they will be all resolved in time (much likely as people keep reporting them).Dont know much about invision's seo because i've never worked with it but as far as vbulletin.. it's great , worth it's price.