xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

I Have A Problem With Java Script

Dear friends I am using this code to open a page where I don't want to show the name of the page in the title bar or the status bar even.

<script LANGUAGE="javascript"><!--window.open ('abc.html', 'newwindow', config='height=500, width=800, toolbar=no, titlebar=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=no, location=no, directories=no, statusbar=no, status=no')--></SCRIPT>

But the problem is it is working perfectly when I am using it offline but other wise when I am using it online on the server it is displaying the page and full path in the status bar why is it so. Can anyone help me. Thanks for the help in advance. Is there any other perfect code for the same. Please help.

What browser are you testing this in, or which ones are contrary to what you have expected to see happen? It is quite possible that you may have specific browser settings concerning JavaScript. For example, many browsers prevent JavaScript from displaying text on the status bar, from resizing windows, et cetera. So, even if you tell the browser to do something, it does not mean it'll happen, that is, concerning JavaScript and window manipulation.