xisto Community
onscreen

Microsoft Announced Price For Windows 7. Will You Buy It?

I don't care, I won't use it :(

Giving money for software when you have a free alternative is not okay for me. You can really use the money for something else, except if it's in some way obligatory to buy it... I don't know how, don't ask me :angel:

Giving out money for Microsoft software is even worse.

I'm not buying failware. I REFUSE!
Ok but srsly now, I get a student discount from my school; it will probably be like $80 or something...

are you saying that in terms of a general statement towards microsoft products or at windows 7 in particular? because so far i havent seen any major issues with using the RC of windows 7 that makes me think its Vista 2.0. yes a lot of the looks and features are that of vista, but when you look at some of the other OS's from microsoft the visual differences weren't so drastic either. its under the hood things that make the difference.

does that mean it merits the pricing? i dont think so at all. i feel these prices are drastically too high. while the upgrade prices that people can snatch up currently are good (50 for home premium and 99 for professional i believe) the prices after this opportunity are just too high for the average consumer and i wouldnt bother purchasing it if you didn't really need to.

I'm using the Windows 7 RC right now and it seems to be running smoothly. But I also love Ubuntu and have it on dual boot. So it's a tough question whether I would prefer to buy Win7 when it releases. I guess my answer would be that I'll wait till March 2010 and see the public response. The RC expires on March 1, 2010, so I've got a free OS from MS till then :(

I'm using the Windows 7 RC right now and it seems to be running smoothly. But I also love Ubuntu and have it on dual boot. So it's a tough question whether I would prefer to buy Win7 when it releases. I guess my answer would be that I'll wait till March 2010 and see the public response. The RC expires on March 1, 2010, so I've got a free OS from MS till then :(

while you're pretty much right with that response, the fact is it doesnt fully expire then. its in june or july when it truly expires. but in march it does become a nuisance to use as every two hours it will reboot. takes a lot of productivity out of the OS causing you to do something. but you can't argue with a free working OS for almost a year.