xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
donneo

Available Iphone Os 3.0 Apple iPhone

Company Apple yesterday and officially released in the distribution of iPhone OS 3.0 for iPhone and iPod Touch edit. As already is known, this more upgrade the operational system carries a number of news, between which support to landscape view, MMS, Searching Spotlight and possible to cut, copy & paste.Here is the new Voice Memos application, Promoted Safari, Internet possible tethering, or dealing on the Internet Connection the laptop computer, Support for stereo Bluetooth, possible for synhronized note, option Shake to Shuffle for listening to music and many other newspapers.Upgrading, as well as the scope is available through iTunes. For the owners of the new iPhone version of the software is free, while iPod Touch users the need to pay 9.95 american dollars.

post-83433-1245336988_thumb.jpg

The only people who are likely to notice/figure out how to update the iPod for free are those who have jailbroken their iPods. ?Otherwise, there's really no way to learn that Shift+Click on the Update and Restore buttons lets you choose the firmware file from your filesystem. ?That and the knowledge that Apple lets you download the firmware for free (though I've only found the links?here) should be all you need to know to upgrade your iPod touch to OS 3.0.

Also, sometimes the text selection is a bit funky, but copy/paste is awesome and "Open in new page" has finally arrived! ?It's about time.

Edit: This shouldn't be considered illegal since Apple provides the downloads themselves and the link is to a news article talking about it, but feel free to remove that link if necessary.

Edited by Idolon (see edit history)

Thanks for the link, but the download didn't work. Nice that they added the open in new window, because I use that often in Firefox on my computer. Any chance they fixed the bugs where changing tabs automatically reloaded that page? I find that very annoying.

That site must have old links.  This site has working links to Apple's downloads.
http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

Safari has been improved a bit, and I believe it is less likely to reload pages.  Since the iPod only has so much memory, I think what you were seeing isn't so much a bug as your iPod not being able to keep both pages in memory at once.

And they make iPod owners pay, but give it for free to iPhone users, when it is the same thing.

Not entirely. iPhone Users continually feed Apple money by having signed up with AT&T as their Cell Phone Service Provider. iPod Touch owners are abiding to any contract which would make them pay on a monthly basis, so they [iPod Touch Owners] have it easier compared to iPhone Users.
Nevertheless, there are ton of resources online you could use to get a legitimate copy of the OS 3.0 software from Apple's Server without having to pay so there isn't much to say.

You are right, but I'm pretty sure that the money from the contract doesn't go to apple. The plans for the iPhone cost as much as the other plans, so Apple doesn't make money on that. However, Apple makes a TON of money off the cost of the iPhone, which compensates for the cost of the new OS.

Maybe it's because apple felt pity for the plans some iPhone users have if they don't jailbreak their phone (at least IMO some of plans are too costly for their own good.)well, I don't really get apple's logic for doing things, but I don't mind as my iPod touch was updated to 3.0 for freemy review of firmware 3.0 is that it's an excellent improvement of the previous firmwares. Copy and paste is sooo useful. And so are the tabbing of links in safari. Saves money from buying other web browsers from the safari store.