xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xavier1280

Hi My Name Is Alkaif From New Zealand Introduction

Hi All,

I am an IT Graduate from University of Auckland, I have a great passion for web development, I currently assisted group of developers with small projects to build websites such as http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and have good grasp of PHP & MYSQL. I also enjoy developing CSS websites with Flash.

I find Trap 17 a great tool to communicate with other web developers and stregthen our knowledge and skills and appreciate all the hard work. :(

Kind regards,
Alkaif

Hi there Alkaif and welcome to the fourms! I hope you have a great time over here. It's always good to meet an experienced web designer - I hope to be one myself sometime soon :angel:

Here are some important pages that might help you:
FAQ
myCENT

One you've collected enough myCENTs you can purchase your package here: Billing & Purchasing

Well hope to see you around - have a good time :(

Thanks for the kind welcome Kasperooney. I have had some read through some pages that explains about MyCent and frequently asked questions. I am just trying very hard to understand with how to earn credits (Mycent) easier and how many posts do i need to make to buy basic hosting package??? From my understanding does this mean 100 posts equivalent to $1. I appreciate Trap 17 is a great place to test or experiment with site design, people who don't want to 'go live' on their REAL domain, or that are just happy to have a site on the WWW for free and able to test it and run scripts.

I am just trying very hard to understand with how to earn credits (Mycent) easier and how many posts do i need to make to buy basic hosting package??? From my understanding does this mean 100 posts equivalent to $1.

If you make some quality posts, 100 posts could get you anything between $10-$100 :excl: And I'm not kiddin...

The myCENT script is very cleverly written and it prefers quality over quantity So it doesn't really matter how many posts you've made, but how good they are. One of our users reportedly got $5 for writing a tutorial and it was a single post. But it earned so much because the quality was good.

As for the system, you collect "cents" as you keep posting. If I'm not wrong, your myCENTS counter will start showing after you've completed 5 posts (give it some time, coz the servers refresh everyone's myCENTS with a gap of 2-5 hours) and then the counter goes from 0.00 to 99.99. Once it reaches 100, it will show READY[100.00] (or more) for a short while and then the 100 cents ($1) go automatically to your xisto account and the myCENTS counter again reaches 0.00.

That's the way it works! :( Keep the counter ticking and you'll get more and more dollars in your xisto account. The least amount of money you need to buy a hosting package is $1.95+a little extra of service tax - let's round up the figure to $3. So you need $3 for buying the basic hosting plan.

If you need to buy a domain as well, then it costs a minimum of $9.99 so along with the $1.95 for basic hosting it adds up to $11.94, but then again the tax comes in and the total is a round figure of $14. So min of $3 for hosting and $14 for hosting+domain.

This shouldn't take long if you're active here and make some good posts. I got my $14 in just four days, maybe spending a total of five hours in all over here. Well that's a long story but I hope you got to know what you wanted :angel:

Thanks for the important Information Kasperooney. I will be active in forums and will contribute to tutorials. I also appreciate that you explained me the costs of basic hosting package. I will spend some time going through the forums. Also If you dont mind me asking just another specific question, if suppose i do earn the amount of credits needed for basic hosting package i.e. $3, does that support php& Mysql and do i need to have sufficent credit on the following month to again top up the hosting package by writing good quality posts..Thanks for your effort in replying to my questions.