xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Saint Michael's Firefox Dream Package Collections

I thought I would give an update to my Firefox extension packages I created for Xisto awhile back. This is due in part that firefox has added a collection like program to its website where people can get extensions in various packages without needing to download them individually. So that is what I did with my Dream Package series and better yet I have updated most of them to include new stuff and remove stuff that no longer works in Firefox 3 and so enjoy.

Dream Package #1: Web Design Tools

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Dream Package #2: Browser Effects

Dream Package #3: Quirky Ones

Dream Package #4: The New Google Batch

Dream Package #5 Last Batch 2007

Oh wow I love extensions. Whenever I get new software (mp3 software/Browsers/etc) I run to the extensions/plugins page and become a download junkie. That's one thing I dislike about Opera and that's the lack of extensions. It has some decent widgets but most don't integrate very well and the important ones like Roboform seem to be destined for incompatibility.I mostly stick with Opera because it's always been the fastest browsing experience for someone on dialup, in my opinion. Firefox was a bit, well much slower..on every version I tested (even with images enabled on both). I think because it waits until the page is completely downloaded or something before showing it, it makes it seem a lot slower. Your Dream Package's are looking mighty tempting though. You have a lot of cool extensions in there...hmm.. and I could finally use Roboform... :(You know, I think I just might download Firefox 3 and give your packages a try. I've been a loyal Opera user for as long as I can remember but there's no denying there's a heck of a lot more 3rd party functionality with Firefox. I'm often disappointed and feel left out when Firefox users have cool stuff that has no equal on Opera. :excl:I have a question though, that you might know the answer to. Do you know of any plugins that make disabling/enabling images easier? I often browse websites sans-image due to my internet speed. I know you can turn off images in FF but you have to go into the options and it's quite a bit more work when switch between images/no images a lot.I'm doubting Firefox could compare in that department, most people don't seem to disable images, let alone with individual page image loading options ..but that's important to me, but maybe I could live without it..with a really souped up FireFox 3.. By the way, do you have any tips/extensions for speeding up Firefox?I have another question also, I hope it's not changing the subject too much, but for some reason I often have literally like 10 hidden window firefox.exe's running in the task manager. I don't think it's spyware, but I don't know whats causing it. I don't know if it's Firefox not closing properly, or what. I thought it was a firefox bug, but nobody else seems to complain about it. Maybe the problem will go away when I reinstall Firefox anyway.. Thanks for your extension packages anyway I guess I'll prepare for a night of downloading and trying out a bunch of extensions tonight.. :angel: Don't have time now..

Oh wow I love extensions. Whenever I get new software (mp3 software/Browsers/etc) I run to the extensions/plugins page and become a download junkie. That's one thing I dislike about Opera and that's the lack of extensions. It has some decent widgets but most don't integrate very well and the important ones like Roboform seem to be destined for incompatibility.

I mostly stick with Opera because it's always been the fastest browsing experience for someone on dialup, in my opinion. Firefox was a bit, well much slower..on every version I tested (even with images enabled on both). I think because it waits until the page is completely downloaded or something before showing it, it makes it seem a lot slower. Your Dream Package's are looking mighty tempting though. You have a lot of cool extensions in there...hmm.. and I could finally use Roboform... :(

You know, I think I just might download Firefox 3 and give your packages a try. I've been a loyal Opera user for as long as I can remember but there's no denying there's a heck of a lot more 3rd party functionality with Firefox. I'm often disappointed and feel left out when Firefox users have cool stuff that has no equal on Opera. :excl:

I have a question though, that you might know the answer to.

Do you know of any plugins that make disabling/enabling images easier? I often browse websites sans-image due to my internet speed. I know you can turn off images in FF but you have to go into the options and it's quite a bit more work when switch between images/no images a lot.

I'm doubting Firefox could compare in that department, most people don't seem to disable images, let alone with individual page image loading options ..but that's important to me, but maybe I could live without it..with a really souped up FireFox 3..

By the way, do you have any tips/extensions for speeding up Firefox?

I have another question also, I hope it's not changing the subject too much, but for some reason I often have literally like 10 hidden window firefox.exe's running in the task manager. I don't think it's spyware, but I don't know whats causing it. I don't know if it's Firefox not closing properly, or what. I thought it was a firefox bug, but nobody else seems to complain about it. Maybe the problem will go away when I reinstall Firefox anyway..

Thanks for your extension packages anyway I guess I'll prepare for a night of downloading and trying out a bunch of extensions tonight.. :angel: Don't have time now..

I know of a couple, however, the only one I know that is current is the one through the Web Developers Tool Bar. It has the option of disabling images, scripts, cookies, cache and some other good stuff.

As for speeding up Firefox, there are several ways, of which include not using to many extensions, lame I know, but depending on the type of extensions and what you use them for they could slow Firefox down a bit. As for sure fire ones, it is a matter of opinion, computer speed and internet connection. I know there are a few topics on trap that cover that question, but your best is to google it as I am not sure how current those speed tips are for making Firefox faster.

Well I'm officially addicted to downloading Firefox extensions. I've tried almost every extension in your dream packages and even some not on them. They're really cool. I even found one that enables easy disabling of images by double clicking on the status bar. Works good. Now onto the themes......:( I don't suppose you have a Dream Theme collection?PS: I think you have "Cache Status" and "Extended Status" in two of your collections.. #5 and #2. Maybe you intended that though.And some of the extensions in #1 say "This add-on is for older versions of Firefox" meaning I can't install on the latest non beta version of FF.

Edited by rob86 (see edit history)

If your running Firefox 3.5 and any of its better versions most of the plugins won't work, since it would seem most plugin designers wait until the final release of firefox to start updating them and what not.

As for dream themes, not really, of course I been sticking with hte Chrome Basic theme ever since I found out about turning firefox into chrome and what not. I know that there is a theme fore firefox 3 and a theme fore Firefox 3,5 and you can find them here at a topic I made about it . I like this the basic theme because it changes the tabs to something more suitable for me and so like everything else it depends on what your ookinng for in a theme and picking the right one.