xisto Community
Veradesigns

How To Speed Up Ares Used For Most Version

Ok guys This is a really useful application, is normally used for downloading songs but i recently replaced Utorrent and Bittorent for this program, i loved it so much that i found out a usefull way to make it faster, Its similar to limewire but it has a less chance catching viruses, this also downloads torrents at a really fast speed.

Here are the settings for it.

Download link: Ares

Once installed open it and go to,

Controll Panel

Tab> General

Settings:

Speed: T3

[] Load ares when windows starts

[x]Auto-connect to network when I start Ares

[x]Show status on main window's caption

[]Exit Ares when I click on close button

[x]Block large hints

[]pause video when moving between tabs

[]Show 'what i'm listening to' on MSN

Tab>Transfer

Settings:

Accept incoming connections on port: 39537

[x]Show transfer percentage

[x]Ask for confirmation when cancelling downloads

Transfer

10: Uplaod(s) allowed at once

10: Uplaods(s) per user (0=no limit)

10: download9s0 allowed at once

Bandwidth

upload bandwidth (kb/s 0=no limit: 0

[x] increase on idle

Download bandwidth (kb/s 0=no limit)

Tab>network

Settings

[x] My computer is behind a firewall or can't accept incoming connections

[*] Dont use proxy.

Tab>BitTorrent

Settings

Uncheck make ares my default torrent clinet

Got to file sharring and press ok.

Restart ares and Boom this should work, Carefull will not work with every file you download, and unless your downloading tons of music and torrents your internet should not slow down dramaticaly. Like utorrent or any other similar torrent program does. The highest i have reached of downloading is around 600kb/s with cox digital cable and speakeasy.net downloading at 12mb/s and upload at 3mb/s. I say is best torrent dowloader i have seen and tried. This is why im reccomending it.

Notice from jlhaslip:
added quote tags for non-original content

My internet provider blocks this, and notes that it is malicious/banned software, but it does allow me to visit sites for bittorent and even limewire. Are you confident that this is secure?

I just tried the newest version of Ares and it barely even works. I cannot get it to connect. I tried repeatedly and disabled my firewall. I thought it connected once, but when I searched it just found a bunch of hardly even related results and I was disconnected before I could try another search. I'm watching my modem lights and they don't even blink to show they're trying to connect. I'm surprised you can even get it connected. I never had these problems with other P2P. Maybe my ISP blocks it like HDuff's does. I have no idea, but it was a frustrating download :(

thanks guys! i might try out ARES again, but the last time I checked it out.. Most of the downloads i got was corruptedSo i used Cabos as an alternative which connects thru Gnutella like limewire or frostwire.. but i hate java apps their resource intensive!

My internet provider blocks this, and notes that it is malicious/banned software, but it does allow me to visit sites for bittorent and even limewire. Are you confident that this is secure?

yes this application works, im trying it and many others are to, one thing i recommend to make this application go through your fire wall is go to control panel and find Windows Firewall<go to settings> Exceptions > and click on ares p2p for windows ><make sure on general tab the on recommended is checked. Hope this helps.