xisto Community
rtrg

Scanning Software scanning documents/photos into email/word processing

Does anyone know where I can download a "FREE" program that allows documents and photos to be scanned into an email program (YAHOO, GMAIL) and a word processing program (WORDPAD, ABIWORD)? I wish to use it to send scanned items to others using email or to fax the same documents to others. It needs to be a stand alone program to be used with an existing all in one, and an existing email program or allow specific programs and/or model #S to be added to it. HP "DIRECTOR" is such a program. Does anyone know where I can find it to download? Web addresses/ links, resources please. Reply to reeltoreelguy@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Hi!Microsoft Windows has the in-built capability to scan images. Connect you scanner, go to My Computer and double-click the scanner. You can then attach the file to your email message or insert it into MS Word/AbiWord. I believe the older versions of MS Word (pre-2007) supported scanning an image directly into the document.I use Microsoft Windows XP, primarily (I occasionally use Ubuntu 9.04 but I need Internet Explorer to access Microsoft Outlook Web Access for real-time notification of new email messages), and I can't point you to any websites where you can legally download Windows XP or Windows Vista, but you can download an evaluation version of Microsoft Windows 7 Beta. I think the Microsoft Windows 7 Release Candidate version is only accessible to MSDN subscribers. Microsoft Windows 7 RC is already in use by firms that are early-adopters and found Windows Vista so strongly repulsive that they would even switch to a release candidate version :-DSome people are still a bit sceptical about Microsoft Windows 7 - they refer to it as Microsoft Windows Fixta, a version of Windows Vista with patches and fixed.Regards,Nitin Reddy