xisto Community
Veradesigns

Cpu Upgrade Error Help

Hi guys i recently bought a Pentium® Processor e5400, i tried to upgrade it to a Abit ip35-e motherboard.

The problem is the Pc, once it boots to windows, it restarts giving an error screen that only stays on for a mili-second then

Computer restarts, i also tried to install a new harddrive with Windows Xp Os, and the problem still occured.

Can anyone help me know or fix my problem. Then i reinstalled my old cpu back and it worked fine i know it has to do something with my cpu upgrade, so please can anyone help me?

Abel

Thank you all.

I had a similar issue once when I tried upgrading from AMD to INTEL .. Someone told me it has something to do with the hardware profile. Since your new config won't be recognized by the old hardware profile , as soon as the windows realizes this it thinks there has been a corruption in the file and reboots

There are two ways out of this :lol:

1. Change the hardware profile [i DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THIS]

2. Format your system and re-install windows :XD: .. This will work 100%

Thank you for your answer bluedragon but the thing is we tried to boot up from windows xp disk to have complete system format on a brand new hard drive and it still restarted on me. Any help? i researched that once you upgrade from sp2 to sp3 after upgrading to different brand motherboard from Intel to AMD was a problem but i did not change brands my old chip set is Intel 1.6 ghz dual core.

I had a similar issue once when I tried upgrading from AMD to INTEL .. Someone told me it has something to do with the hardware profile. Since your new config won't be recognized by the old hardware profile , as soon as the windows realizes this it thinks there has been a corruption in the file and reboots

There are two ways out of this :angel:

1. Change the hardware profile [i DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THIS]

2. Format your system and re-install windows :( .. This will work 100%

Ok i figgured the error, for some reason and i dont know why the error was being caused by the computer being connected to the internet cable, i disconected it and reinstalled windows xp works like a charms quad 2.7 ghz with 1 tb hdd 8 gig ram and 2 gig hd video card aswome!! thought i was gonna have to buy a new motherbord thanks for the help guys.

Although you've solved the problem :angel:and thats really good since u solved it on your own :(but still, why was it behaving like that ?Suggestion : Try checking your bios and look for an option called 'Network boot' disable and then boot it up while network cable plugged in .. See if it helps