Ambivalence kithes self-destruction;

Tempestuous vilification excretes a residue,

And spreads across one's tongue like

The oil of Szechuan peppers. Fire pervades as the

Osculum slackens and drool burbles from the germ-infested

Nether; cavities accumulate exponentially, spreading

Infection to the marrow and rotting one's own

Carcass before it is buried.

--There's more I plan to write, but I wanted to share what I had. I wrote the above in a little less than an hour. :lol:

Do you plan on continuing writing verses with the initials of the lines forming word? If so - what words do you have in mind, Do you intend to eventually make a sentence out of them?

Yes, and I'm halfway through writing on the next word.The full phrase is "catatonic fallacies are lurking in mental crevices" X)Is this my same friend, Andreip? If so, what happened to your name/account :XD:?:lol:

Edited by Fractured.Logic (see edit history)

Updated and edited! Still a work in progress, though! :lol:

Corporeal misanthropy:

The oil of Szechuan peppers. The essence of Fire pervades; the

Osculum slackens, and drool burbles from the germ-infested

Nether. Cavities accumulate exponentially, spreading

Infection to the root of all evil, and decomposing one's own

Formaldehyde, in theory, might also preserve

A shred of the truth. Tho', when the tentative, fledgling

Lie expounds upon itself to create a magnificently grotesque

Legacy of its own, we light the conflagration and hope that the

Ashes will bear our own proverbial phoenix; were it that

Cumulative, rampant flames were the answer to every

Indiscretion? Terra would vie against Jupiter for its noxious

Existence; a charcoal whose effulgence would wane, consumed by

Sulfuric dolour and the dark of the unknown.

Hey !! This is a good poem!! I also write poems but not as good as you!!
Your poems ,I think philosophical and it needs great knowledge of human psychology and behaviour!!
I appreciate this!!
You must be an interesting person to know about!!
I am interested in reading more poems of yours ,if you have written any!!
Thanks!! :lol:
--------------
philip
Parking Sensor

Thank you for the wonderful compliments!:lol:I have one other piece I've shared on this forum already (it's not that much further down on the first page), as is an essay I was quite proud of writing. I'll dig up some of my other stuff sometime to share, as well :) Check back for when I can update this one again ... I'm not sure it's going to even end when I finish the originally-intended phrasing :PI wouldn't claim to be such an expert of human psychology and behavior, but I am duly honored that you would think so! It warms my heart to think that someone would find me interesting to know :XD:

Wow, this poem is really dark but in a truthful way. And I love the way how you played with the two words "catatonic" and "fallacy".. Just reminds us as to how the human nature in reality is... I get scared to even speak because I know I am not as smart as you are :lol:

Pfft! To be so modest, little Angel! You are a very smart lass, and I shall not be convinced otherwise! :)Also, I should hardly be so touted, only because I have good spelling & grammar, and a larger vocabulary than normal. :XD: When I was young, I had lists of words drilled into my head for spelling bee competitions, and I was furthermore addicted to reading books... I think I ended up devoting my entire memory capacity to that... because I can hardly retain anything else for the life of me! Heh.Thank you, nonetheless, for the compliments; they are very meaningful and appreciated!:lol:

And my muse continues to churn my grey matter into literary, buttery goodness :lol:

Corporeal misanthropy:

Abhorrence is the floodlight that beams its

Radiance down upon one's perfect jailbreak scheme; this

Enigma, which reveals the concubine that is one's consummate hypocrisy.

Lubriciously, one covets their contradictory companion, propagating

Unremittingly; the seed of this dreadfully fertile womb

Rears its terrifying head. Friend and foe are, in the end, the same

Kaolin green ware; the inevitable massacre rends shattered fragments in mass and

Individual acumen, alike. It is said that destruction clears the path for

New life to amass and breed, but at what cost; what life are we fertilizing our figurative

Ground to yield its harvest of?

Can you explain what the poem is supposed to be about? Without meaning to cause offence, you just seem to be stringing "intelligent" sounding words together in an acrostic poem. And do not get me wrong it is not that I don't understand the words you have used, just the manner you string them together in. I just get a general dark feeling...

Can you explain what the poem is supposed to be about?

Ok, so the entire acrostic phrase, as I believe I have mentioned previously, is (so far) intended to be "catatonic fallacies are lurking in mental crevices."

This is an open-ended statement which reads, in general reference, as a fairly "dark" observation. I am a pleasant-mannered, optimistic person, by nature, and the mother of a beautiful, 2 year old girl (who is, absolutely, the love and light of my life). However, I view humanity, it's progression (or lack thereof), how its actions affect itself and its environment, etc. with a great deal of critical cynicism. So, therefore, a fair amount of my poetry which refers to humanity and its behavior(s), reflects this.

I am not entirely positive what this poem is supposed to be about (yet). As you may have seen/read, I am entirely prone to altering the phraseology and tone of the content as whim or muse may so inspire me. This is perfectly likely to happen again, as I re-read and proof the existing content.

Without meaning to cause offence, you just seem to be stringing "intelligent" sounding words together in an acrostic poem. And do not get me wrong it is not that I don't understand the words you have used, just the manner you string them together in. I just get a general dark feeling...

I have, to the best of my current literary ability, phrased this piece to be as grammatically correct as I have perceived possible. I am always open to creative criticism, comments, and suggestions concerning said content. I welcome anything you may feel you care to contribute. Those ' "intelligent" sounding words' are (I sometimes consider, unfortunately) part of a large vocabulary which has melted into my gray matter over years of being a bookworm and an elementary-grade-level spelling bee :XD: I have often been referred to as a "walking dictionary." :lol: Edited by Fractured.Logic (see edit history)

And the muse returns to assault the spongy, receptive grey matter :excl: :angel:

It is, by no means, done... but the initial goal has been reached! Now to poke at it incessantly and shape it, and possibly grow it furthermore! :(

--

Corporeal misanthropy:

Abhorrence is the floodlight that beams its

Radiance down upon one's perfect jailbreak scheme; this

Enigma, which reveals the concubine that is one's consummate hypocrisy.

Lubriciously, one covets their contradictory companion, propagating

Unremittingly; the seed of this dreadfully fertile womb

Rears its terrifying head. Friend and foe are, in the end, the same

Kaolin green ware; the inevitable massacre rends shattered fragments in mass and

Individual acumen, alike. It is said that destruction clears the path for

New life to amass and breed, but at what cost; what life are we fertilizing our figurative

Ground to yield its harvest of?

Imbolc's dear Br?d should quail that her ancient rites have suffered such

Nescient perversion; egocentric manipulation renders a far more ominous fate.

Mue the guilt that one wears like a second skin, and consciously

Eschew for the sake of pandering to the current definition of sagacity. The

Nascence we say that we wish to inspire is shelved in the abandoned athenaeum, and left

To garner dust as if each obfuscating speck were the most precious of

Acquisitions. Without it, we shall remain uneducated; the ignorant

Laic who lazily tread this well-beaten path.

Conjure from decrepit tomes the essence of Sirona; would she

Resuscitate the dreams and notions that, once upon a time,

Exemplified a species. Our blood has thinned;

Vitality wanes as our connection with a cosmic heartbeat is

Inundated by the consuming desire to understand. One treats the universe as a

Cadaver, preserved and prone beneath the scalpel, that should be

Elated to reveal its most precious of

Secrets to these, our prying minds.

Thanks for answering my question. I did pick up on the environment element of it with your use of words like "Terra" (referring to Earth?) "fertilizing", "charcoal" (less about natural environment, more our interaction with it, but on the same theme) and "harvest". I also really admire your admission that "I am not entirely positive what this poem is supposed to be about (yet)" whereas other people may have tried to blag a general theme. It doesn't matter if your poem isn't supposed to be about anything in particular as long as you don't claim it is.I see your comment on progression (or, as you put it, lack thereof) coming through especially in the "mental" verse with your reference to "we shall remain uneducated; the ignorant .. who lazily tread this well beaten path" is particularly poignant.

Thank you, DD :angel:

Terra is a common alternative name (at least, as far as I have been aware) for Earth, yes. I've attempted to keep fire, environment and human behavior as the main, recurring themes. Have I decently succeeded thusfar, in your perspective?

The latter, new sections have also introduced an aspect of literature and lore, which is another thing that fascinates me. Imbolc, for example, is a celebration of pending spring and warmth that dates back, in one form or another, to (at least, if not further) the Neolithic era and its evolutionary stage of sapiens. Br?d is one of the many names of the Celt goddess associated with this celebration, poetry, healing and smithcraft, and who is attributed to the multi-cultural reverence of holy wells, sacred flames, and healing.

I stopped trying to fluff the feathers of my poetry, or its meaning(s) a long time ago, thankfully! It is a release of expression and emotion for me, and I greatly enjoy the reception of reactions and interpretations of others when they read it.

Thank you so much, for the compliments, and I am very glad you are thusfar enjoying my work. :(

I must tell you right now that I'm no good at appreciating a poem and giving feedback! So kindly excuse me for not conveying here entirely what I feel about your work. I don't have any negative feelings, but whatever I have I some some difficulty in writing it out! :(Since this is still undone, I think the real essence will be captured in the end. I may be wrong of course, but a story/poem feels good once you know how it ends! Until now, I feel it has shaped up quite nicely though. I really liked your style of capturing the first letters to form words!