xisto Community
shakes

Hello Everyone

Hello all. My name is Shakespearnoir but you can call me Noir. I am a computer systems analyst by day and writer/poet by night. I am waht you would prefer to call an old school computer geek. I started my identity with an old TRS80 and Commodore 64 system back in the early 80's and have beenin love with technology ever sense.I went to college to earn an associates in computer science and followed that up with a BS/IT - Management Information Systems. I now work as a Senior Analyst in healthcare. I am also an avid golfer (+4HC) and love to play my Tiger Woods on the PS3.For now, I am interested in getting my website back up and working with a reliable "free" webhost as my last one just pulled the rug from underneath me last weekend. Left me hi and dry...If anyoneneeds any type of techinical advise, please jsut let me know...If anyone is wondering about Windows 7 (which I have been using for a month now) just ask... it's great!Laters...

Welcome Shakes or should I call you Shakespeare (Sounds so poetic.. *swoons*). Amazing how you get to have your Hyde/Jekyl life :XD: and if you have worked with computers since the 80's you definitely must be knowing plenty about them. I don't mind golf but never actually got into it and the only game I play on a playstation is God Of War (PS2)... Gotta love the blood & gore in that one :lol:Sad to hear about your previous host but I hope you have a backup of your old site. I wanted to know how different is Windows 7 from Vista and Xp... Do you know how to get started here?

Hi Noir,My name is Can and the mention of the commodore 64 brought me back, I had a Sinclair ZX 81 myself. I'm a complete newbie so your offer of assistance sounds good, thanks. Any advice on where to start or what I should read ?Kind RegardsCian

Hi Shakespeare!Welcome to Trap 17! I kinda like the way you lead a day-life totally separate from your night-life. My day-life often makes it into my night-life so I'm a geek all-day and all-night.I started off in geekdom in the 80s with an ALR Dart 12 powered by Intel's 80286 processor, so I came from a different camp. Back then, I used it mostly for Digger, Bricks, GW-BASIC and Multimate. I later moved to a 386 laptop and a 486 that ran DOS - my programs at the time were Prince of Persia (the original classic), DBASE, and QuickBASIC. Those were fun days! I spent hours writing BASIC code without bothering with 3rd party libraries. Gorilla and snake were the open-source goodness from Microsoft at the time.I haven't tried Windows 7 yet, but was hoping to install the Release Candidate next week. I hear there's a Windows XP install within Microsoft Virtual PC available right out of the box! And the tech support guy tells me that the Release Candidate can be upgraded to the Final release (I'm skeptical about this one).Anyway, hope to see more of you on the forums.Regards,Nitin Reddy