xisto Community
arjupun

Why I Can't Find Google Job In Nepal?

I am very much interested to get job in Google.But I can't find any Google office in Nepal. So, I can't get job in Google.Can any body give me some suggestion about this?Arjun pun

I am very much interested to get job in Google.

But I can't find any Google office in Nepal. So, I can't get job in Google.

Can any body give me some suggestion about this?

Arjun pun

Hi Arjupun,

I think Google may not have any office in Nepal.

Have a look at their office information here:

https://www.google.com/about/company/facts/locations/

It seems the closest one to Nepal is in India, near New Delhi:

Google Gurgaon

Google India Pvt Ltd

8th and 9th Floors

Tower C Building No.8

DLF Cyber City

Gurgaon India

Phone: +91-124-4512900

Hi Arjupun,

I think Google may not have any office in Nepal.

Have a look at their office information here:

https://www.google.com/about/company/facts/locations/

It seems the closest one to Nepal is in India, near New Delhi

Ya friend that is nearest Google office but I can't go there cause my parents don't allow me to go there.

They think I am still young so I have no any chances to go there. So, I think I have to wait some years to go there.

And try to get Job there. And my that interest will be success one day.

Thanks for post.

Arjun pun

Ya friend that is nearest Google office but I can't go there cause my parents don't allow me to go there.They think I am still young so I have no any chances to go there. So, I think I have to wait some years to go there.

Thanks for post.
Arjun pun

Hi Arjun pun

Be patient. Your parents may be right. Like you, since young I was eager to see the world and have experiences. I finally got my chance when I was 22. I left my hometown, Alicante, Spain, and I have lived in many places since then: Madrid, Barcelona, the Canary Islands, Baltimore, Washington DC, California, Seoul Korea, Telford UK.

If you have that desire and you do not give up, you will succeed and see the world. But always remember you will not find happiness and peace in another place. It has to come from within you, wherever you go and whatever you do my friend.
Edited by freenrg (see edit history)

Hi Arjun pun
Be patient. Your parents may be right. Like you, since young I was eager to see the world and have experiences. I finally got my chance when I was 22. I left my hometown, Alicante, Spain, and I have lived in many places since then: Madrid, Barcelona, the Canary Islands, Baltimore, Washington DC, California, Seoul Korea, Telford UK.

If you have that desire and you do not give up, you will succeed and see the world. But always remember you will not find happiness and peace in another place. It has to come from within you, wherever you go and whatever you do my friend.

Thanks for suggestion friend,
I have read your post and I think you are right. Ya, I should wait for the time.
I am very impressed in your post and thats fantastic.
And where do you live now?

Arjun pun

Ya friend that is nearest Google office but I can't go there cause my parents don't allow me to go there.They think I am still young so I have no any chances to go there. So, I think I have to wait some years to go there.

Thanks for post.
Arjun pun

As Nepal is developing country, here is not well developed technology so that Google office not able to come here. You know Nepal has still not any Cyber laws. But internet is rapidly in Nepal than other developments. There are lots of ISPs and cafes to provide internet.

I think you are still young to get involved in Google Job as their requirements. Expand your knowledge till Google office not appear in Nepal then you can easily join there.

Thanks for suggestion friend,I have read your post and I think you are right. Ya, I should wait for the time.
I am very impressed in your post and thats fantastic.
And where do you live now?

Arjun pun

Hi Arjun pun
I currently live in Telford UK.

Hi Arjun punI currently live in Telford UK.

Oh friend freenrg
you live in there and Which is your nearest Google office and you don't want to get job in that or you have got already fantastic job?

Bye bye
Arjun pun

Oh friend freenrgyou live in there and Which is your nearest Google office and you don't want to get job in that or you have got already fantastic job?

Bye bye
Arjun pun

My job is not fantastic. It is OK. I work for a company that manufacturers consumer electronics and I am in charge of sales in UK and other countries in Europe.

What I really want to do now is to create my own business. I already had my own trading business in the past, but this time it will be an online business and my intention is to work less hours and be able to spend more time on other important things, while doing a business that I like.

Why not Google?
Google is for you. You have the burning desire to work at Google. Go for it. I like google, but working at google is not something I have even considered. Now that you asked me, I imagine there must be thousands of people trying to get into Google and many of them right out of college or graduate school. If you have the chance, try to go to college/university, get the best grades, graduate at the top your class, while in college get involved in some projects that are related to google. If you graduate at the top of your class, apply for admission into a computer science PhD program in the US. If you get accepted into a PhD program in the USA, the university will pay your tuition and a teaching assistant stipend you can live on comfortably.

Ideally, you could apply to PhD programs in cities where Google has development centers, maybe googleplex in Santa Clara http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googleplex. For example, Stanford University is very close. If you are a grad student in the Stanford Computer Science PhD program I bet you it is not difficult to do some project at Googleplex and later get a real job there.

I did get admitted into a PhD program in the USA, so if you need guidance let me know.

If you do not get into Stanford right away you can get into another PhD program and apply again to Stanford once you are in the US. I was first admitted into U of Maryland and later on to Berkeley. By the way, Berkeley is also in the bay area, so not too far from googleplex.

My job is not fantastic. It is OK. I work for a company that manufacturers consumer electronics and I am in charge of sales in UK and other countries in Europe.
What I really want to do now is to create my own business. I already had my own trading business in the past, but this time it will be an online business and my intention is to work less hours and be able to spend more time on other important things, while doing a business that I like.

Why not Google?
Google is for you. You have the burning desire to work at Google. Go for it. I like google, but working at google is not something I have even considered. Now that you asked me, I imagine there must be thousands of people trying to get into Google and many of them right out of college or graduate school. If you have the chance, try to go to college/university, get the best grades, graduate at the top your class, while in college get involved in some projects that are related to google. If you graduate at the top of your class, apply for admission into a computer science PhD program in the US. If you get accepted into a PhD program in the USA, the university will pay your tuition and a teaching assistant stipend you can live on comfortably.

Ideally, you could apply to PhD programs in cities where Google has development centers, maybe googleplex in Santa Clara http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googleplex. For example, Stanford University is very close. If you are a grad student in the Stanford Computer Science PhD program I bet you it is not difficult to do some project at Googleplex and later get a real job there.

I did get admitted into a PhD program in the USA, so if you need guidance let me know.

If you do not get into Stanford right away you can get into another PhD program and apply again to Stanford once you are in the US. I was first admitted into U of Maryland and later on to Berkeley. By the way, Berkeley is also in the bay area, so not too far from googleplex.

UPDATE Google started at Stanford
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Google