xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tenshi

Purging Old And Useless Sites Removing the sub domains that are not active anymore

A suggestion for the Admin...I was going through topics on the forum when I realized that there are plenty of domains/sub domains that are outdated or suspended so I was thinking that members could post outdated links in this topic so that support can remove the sites from their server. Now when I say I outdated I mean the .trap17.com subdomains that lead you to the Cpanel page. I do not think the suspended sites should be removed because there is a chance that a member might return one day to get his website back. An example would be xeek.trap17.com . I also would recommend closing the topics revolving around dead sub domains, an example would be " Rate my website xyz.trap17.com"Now I do not expect members to find the domains but simply to post any dead links they come across so that it is easier for admins/moderators to remove them and if necessary the topic. I am guessing that removal of these links would prevent "dead" topics surfacing on google, prevent members replying to a topic with "link broken" and avoid frustrations :XD:Thank you for reading and giving my topic a thought :lol:

What a marvelous idea, Tenshi-darling! I fully concur with this idea, even though I have yet to come across any dead domains/subdomains myself. Mind you, for all I know, this might all be part of OpaQue's "clockwork orange," and have been left as they are for any number of wonderfully mad reasons... hmm!:lol:

A suggestion for the Admin...
I was going through topics on the forum when I realized that there are plenty of domains/sub domains that are outdated or suspended so I was thinking that members could post outdated links in this topic so that support can remove the sites from their server. Now when I say I outdated I mean the .trap17.com subdomains that lead you to the Cpanel page. I do not think the suspended sites should be removed because there is a chance that a member might return one day to get his website back. An example would be xeek.trap17.com . I also would recommend closing the topics revolving around dead sub domains, an example would be " Rate my website xyz.trap17.com"

Now I do not expect members to find the domains but simply to post any dead links they come across so that it is easier for admins/moderators to remove them and if necessary the topic. I am guessing that removal of these links would prevent "dead" topics surfacing on google, prevent members replying to a topic with "link broken" and avoid frustrations :XD:

Thank you for reading and giving my topic a thought :lol:

Infact, nice that you bough this topic up.
I have seen lots of posts, where people provide links to their sites and asking the members to review. I am not sure if it is working on the day they make the post, but most of time it does not after few days. Its either expired or the member does not exist.

Its better, they are properly attended to and deleted. I am sure people of looking for those names and it can be given to them. Will be of some use.

But I know, the admins are doing a great job in so many ways and are probably working on this as we speak. But I am not sure if this is as easy as we think. Hope the best is done.

Thank you Fractured :lol: and yes I am aware that it is not an easy task for the admins, that's why I want the members to pitch in. The admins are doing an excellent job keeping the sites/servers up all the time & providing us with free hosting. I am sure that Admin OpaQue's reason for the MYCENT is to increase the quality of posting ( I read about the old credit system and the new MYCENT program). So why not help make trap more sexier by removing the old stuff and keeping only the valid posts.I am guessing that it would the S.E.O ranking for trap also and prevent anybody griping about bad links by trap... So let us begin the hunt :XD: