xisto Community
freenrg

What Are The Best And Cheapest Payment Processing Solution? Paypal, Google Checkout, there must be more

Hi, I have seen topics on Xisto about Paypal and Google checkout.

Surely you know that many people still use other payment systems. In fact I purchase a lot online and I never use paypal and google checkout to pay.

We need to understand the other options out there to receive payments for our products and services.

QUESTION 1.

Apart from Paypal and Google Checkout (already discussed elsewhere in these forums), what other solutions do we have to get paid?

QUESTION 2.

I want to offer my customers the possibility of paying me directly with their credit card?

What steps do I need to follow to set a system up that will allow me to do it?

QUESTION 1.

Apart from Paypal and Google Checkout (already discussed elsewhere in these forums), what other solutions do we have to get paid?

I have seen 2Checkout used in a few places. NoChex and RBS WorldPay are also fairly popular and used on plenty of sites.

QUESTION 2.

I want to offer my customers the possibility of paying me directly with their credit card?

What steps do I need to follow to set a system up that will allow me to do it?

If you want to receive credit card payments directly you will need what is known as a merchant account. These are somewhat varied and the best advice would be to go into a number of high street banks and enquire about their merchant accounts and opportunities for online payment processing. They will give you priority as a business customer and be able to answer your questions. However, whatever you decide to do, you will need to integrate their system into your website so that you can transfer the payment data to them. This also requires your website to have an SSL certificate for a secure connection.