xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
whyme

Huh? 50 Invites? I had 6 yesterday...

Weird, yesterday, I saw that i only had 6 Gmail Invites, today, I micarously got 50? Seeing this is proabalby an excuse for me to post, any one who wants an invite can email me @ groskite@ gmail .com (I sapced everything out incase of bots :D ). Don't worry, I'm not going to spam you.

I also have 50 invites, and a new little box to send them from. I suppose its a new thing. I wonder how many people got them.

I guess google will be releasing GMail soon then. Maybe not, maybe they just want more testers or more feedback. Maybe they have installed a new feature we haven't seen yet and need testers.

Edit:

For an invite email: Blackswirl AT gmail DOT com

Quite a few people I have talked to also have 50 invites, as do I. It would appear that they are getting closer to being out of their beta version.... or maybe they are just being generous?I do see people all over Usenet are also saying they have 50 invites.Do y'all think everyone recieved 50?

I had 3 gmail invites and only got 1 extra. But they are prolly finishing up with the gmail thing and want more people in it so there giving everyone more invites. Thats just my usomtion. :D

Well, Roughly a year ago when Gmail was released, it was so rare for an invite that people would pay 100's of dollars to get one, now, becasue of such swapping sites like "gmailswap.com" and "heeheehee.com", the "worth" of Gmail is a lot lower, I'm guessing that Google is giving it's users all these invites, so it can close down the "trading sites". It's possible that it's also a hint that it's going out of beta, but, if it was going to go public, wouldn't they er, take back all the invites? Hmm....

I'm guessing that the invite system will stay even after it goes out of beta, it should. That would seriously cut down on the number of users in the system and maintain performance.That being said, I also got 50 on my two accounts. Basically there is no way they will be traded anymore. Heck, all the names I've tried were already taken!Good thing I got my surname some while ago!