xisto Community
frozen.fish

Somebody Maybe Eavesdropping On Me With Paypal

Hello!I get this certificate error when opening paypal sometimes and i usually just reject untrusted certificates but i just noticed a while ago it read "somebody maybe eavesdropping on you" notification.. this happens on the logging in... screen of paypal. this is quite alarming cause there are some hard earned money in there although i never keep more than a $100 there, i just dont want time comes when ill get into some hassle.I should have took some screenshot, I'll try if it happens again. My computer is clean of malware and viruses i think.Using paypal with opera 9.64 here..Thanks!

Do you have a screenshot of the information Opera gives you, or could you copy it here? It's likely that Paypal have just done their certificates badly and they aren't working properly, but Paypal is certainly a site where it is important to be secure. I would also contact Paypal with this. Even if it is nothing they need to be told about it - people can't follow Paypal's safety advice if they make it an impossibility!

thanks will do, I often get security certificate errors on paypal. is that normal? but the one i posted got a bit of alarming text in it. but didnt see it again will definetly take a screenshot..also paypal is holding my funds right now, i really dont know what is the fraud check for it opened as a dispute from one of my transactions.. still waiting response from them.