xisto Community
MetalRev

The New Guy!

Hi people! Well... here I am, I finally decided myself to sign up and join this community. At first I was a little bit confused about the myCents system, but it seems that it's helping a lot to keep these forums active. Ok guys I'll do my best in order to get my free web hosting. By the way I'm from Venezuela... yes, that poor little country with a crazy president... Hope you can forgive me if I make some "spelling horrors" once in a while, I'll try to keep them as less as possible.I actually don't have experience with CSS and nothing like that, I know only the basic of HTML, but I can't say I'm a good at that. I plan to learn more about all of this while getting "myCents" for a web. Maybe you aren't here for this but If you can help me, I would be very grateful and even though I'm a begginer, I learn fast.Thank you for reading my intro. Bye Oh! I forgot the :P and the "LOL!!!!". Sorry for that!

Edited by MetalRev (see edit history)

Hello MetalRev, Not a bad introduction you have there. I think once you get hosting you will agree that it is a great hosting scheme if not the best out there. You just post quality post to earn credits. What is the population of Venezuela? You guys play a lot of soccer there right? Anyway keep posting and earning credits and you'll have enough for you hosting in no time. CheersSone

Hey Sone. Thanks for replying! B) And yes, I have registered to a lot of "Free Web Hosting" pages, and there is always a catch! Big ads, pop-ups everywhere, just awful. When I got here, I inmediatly noticed that the "Go and get involved with the comunity, post, get money and only THEN you'll get your hosting" system it's perfect! We don't have to pay for the service, but we do have to work hard to keep our sites online.About Venezuela, I got to tell you that we're actually pretty bad at soccer, even though we have some good players, the national team as a whole it's not that great. But we compensate that by having some terrific baseball players!. And you may, or not, have heard of Gustavo Dudamel... Well, he's the director of the Sim?n Bol?var Symphony Orchestra and they're very reknown on Europe, I think... Anyway, about the people, we're all very friendly, a bit lazy sometimes but hard workers when necesary . We even got the title of "The World's happiest country" in the book of Record Guiness 2008.Wow! I wrote a lot! :P And it's all nonsense about my country!By the way, there is a certain number of post needed to start earning credits?

You start earning 'mycents' once you register at Xisto - Support.com/billing/ odr what ever the link is, but the mycents do not display until after 5 posts and the script runs successfully. depending on Server load, that can be anywhere from 2 to 6 hours after your posts are completed.The mycents system is solid, (third version of the Credit system). The hosting is better than most paid hots out there as well. Some pretty good html/css coders around, so ask any questions in the sub-forum for the topic you need assistance with.Glad to see you here, stay active and you will enjoy the experience.

What a fantastic introduction! Welcome, MetalRev! I do not (yet) know anything more advanced than HTML and CSS, but I would be happy to collaborate with you and teach you what I know! Don't worry about your spelling (and grammar); you are doing amazing for English being your second language. There are plenty of American natives who communicate far worse, though I doubt they'd admit it!It looks like you are off to a great start. Have you read up on the new MyCents 3.0 system? It judges your posts on quality rather than quantity. For example, I've already earned almost $2.50 and I've only been here a little more than a week. I broke $2 right about 20 posts, but I wasn't rated on my quantity, but my quality (which makes me feel very good about the messages I've been leaving :P).I look forward to seeing you around, and you are welcome to contact me if you have any questions!