xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
frozen.fish

Directory Type Website For Our Small Province Tips on how to jump start my site please

Hello all!Just got my new domain, and I am planning it to be a directory for local businesses.. but most of them barely have a website nor even reachable by wired connections, since they are so remote.So can anyone give me tips on how to fill up my directory? Is it ok if I just few businesses on my site to jump start it or that is against the law or something?Thank you!

I'm not sure if that's against the law, I recommend contacting those businesses to tell them what your doing. One thing you could do on the site, just start of with a basic homepage, with some graphics then you can have some links leading to the list of businesses, and so on. This is all I can say, hope it helps :P

it's dottel.. :P i dont think graphics is allowed yet..

with some graphics then you can have some links leading to the list of businesses

links to businesses, so its ok if i just link it to some directory or something? sorry im pretty newb when it comes to website rules and ethiquetes.

it's dottel.. :P i dont think graphics is allowed yet..

links to businesses, so its ok if i just link it to some directory or something? sorry im pretty newb when it comes to website rules and ethiquetes.

Oh, sorry.

Once you add the directory, then you can have a details page for each of those businesses. The details can be Webpage [if they have one], Address/contact, or any other detail that may be necessary.