xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Conficker Has Cost The World $9.1 Billion

Today I a came across an interesting article that I know I have talk about and that being the cost of damages so far by this worm. Of course, I would like to point out that this is world wide and not local because that be very stupid of the U.S especially in our time of recession. Anyway the only problem about this article is that they don't get into specifics of where the $9.1 billion is being spent but I would assume that is spread among software, man hours, hardware and loss from down time for businesses and stuff. However, instead the article goes off in a tangent that people have stop worrying about Conficker since nothing Happen on April 1st. I have to say that is slightly true, especially from the home users because in their minds they feel since nothing has happen and are protected that nothing could go wrong. Well they are wrong to think that because in recent weeks Conficker has been spreading out with scareware,emails, websites and on top of that the creators are most likely selling their code to other people to for their own evil means.

Either way, if you think about it the $9.1 billion is a very large number, however, if you spread it across the thousands of businesses it doesn't seem that much. However, that much money has been spent in six months and that is a serious problem because it starts rivaling most companies in the stock market with loss of value and what not. I wouldn't be surprise by the time Conficker is finally defeated it could be double or triple that depending on how many people get involved.

Although I haven't posted much about Conficker Worm on trap, I thought I give every an overview of what has been happening the last few months, including my latest article about the cost of fighting the Conficker Worm.

Conficker Spam Rate & Latest Conficker Victim: Utah University

Conficker Updates: Version E & Scareware & Self Destruct

Conficker Eye Test

New Name For Conficker: Dud

Conficker Worm Affect on Mac Users

Conficker Fears, Exaggerated?

Conficker Worm Update

Conficker Update: Flaw Found In The Coding

Conficker Worm - April 1st Warning

Microsoft Offers Reward To Catch Worm Maker