xisto Community
JesusMike

Hello And The Like

Figured I'd drop a hello here.My name is Mike, but people around campus call me Jesus. From that I figure you all can assume I'm a college student. I wanted to set up a forum for writers where my friends and I could post up our literary works and get them critiqued by each other, but the hosts I was running into either didn't support forums or took proprietary rights over all content... which doesn't work well in conjunction with personal literary works.Also, I wanted to make a small forum for my friends as we are planning on making a warhammer 40000 campaign and a website to go along with it. I figured Xisto might do the job.Out of curiousity, is no one else bothered by the fact that this webhost is called "trap"?

Welcome to the "trap". Check out the link in my siggy that explains the name and its history.Interesting reading.Forums are no problem on your Xisto account. Lots of them are running on Member accounts.And you are responsible for the content of your site, so be careful about copyrights, etc. Make it clear that illegal content on the site is reason for closing your account. Having said that, (because I had to), the content posted onto your Forum and its ownership must be Legal, due to the insistence of the Xisto Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy. What that means is that you can not post up a previously copyrighted article without the copyright holder's consent. Most Literary works allow for small quotes for review and criticism, just don't post up an entire book and claim it to be your own work when it isn't.Good to have you here, see you around.

Welcome to the "trap". Check out the link in my siggy that explains the name and its history.Interesting reading.
Forums are no problem on your Xisto account. Lots of them are running on Member accounts.
And you are responsible for the content of your site, so be careful about copyrights, etc. Make it clear that illegal content on the site is reason for closing your account. Having said that, (because I had to), the content posted onto your Forum and its ownership must be Legal, due to the insistence of the Xisto Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy. What that means is that you can not post up a previously copyrighted article without the copyright holder's consent. Most Literary works allow for small quotes for review and criticism, just don't post up an entire book and claim it to be your own work when it isn't.
Good to have you here, see you around.

haha, of course I wouldn't do that! (and, as a literary forum, I'd enforce copyrights, and promote moderators to make sure the works are all original). I do appreciate the info, and will read the info in your sig momentarily.

However, I was wondering (not sure if you know) if custom php.ini files are allowed. I didn't see anything for or against it in the detail list :\

Welcome, Mike!I know absolutely nothing about php, but I would see no reason for a custom file to be disallowed (provided it didn't conflict with any rules... if that's possible).As an artist and a writer, I would like to be kept informed on your progress, please B) It's hard to find a good place (like Xisto) to really settle in and sling the proverbial mud.See you around!:P