xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nyy26

Nfl Draft

The NFL Draft is quickly approaching, this will surely be an interesting ne as many teams could go un multiple directions.Recently there were reports that the Lions will draft Matt Stafford if they are able to get a deal done before the draft, they are allowed to do that. The only way that Stafford doesn't go first overall is if there is an impasse in the negotiations. Considering how far Stafford could drop if the Lions don't take him, the Georgia quarterback might realize that he needs to accommodate to Detroit's front office just a bit here. Detroit needs Stafford, he can be their franchise quarterback, we all know they haven?t had one in a while. Just look at how Matt Ryan put the Falcons back on the map last year.Aaron Curry is a lock to go to the Chiefs. The guy is the best defensive player in the draft and maybe the best aside from Crabtree. He smart and a great character, he did great on all of hiss interviews and tests. This guy will be a star in the national football league.Michael Crabtree should be a lock to go to Seattle, if they don?t take him it would just be a flat out mistake, the guy will be a top receiver in a few years, undoubtedly the most talented player in the draft.I also can't really see them going Freeman because general manager Mike Tannenbaum drafted Kellen Clemens and also acquired Brett Ratliff. If the Jets had a new general manager like the Chiefs, 49ers, Buccaneers, etc., they would definitely go with a quarterback. But the Jets don't have a new regime in place. Tannenbaum is not going to sit on the hot seat while a young quarterback develops

Round 1Matt Stafford went number one to the lions. That was expected and the deal went down late Saturday night to make it official. Stafford is boom or bust he has a gun for an arm but might not be able to handle the NFL. we will seeThe Rams went with Jason smith. there were a lot of smokescreens going on with them and Mark Sanchez. this guy is good and definitely a safe pick for the Rams. They needed to fill Orlando Paces shoes.Kansas City took Tyson Jackson way too early, they could have traded down. They think he will be Jason Seymor, this pick changed the draftSeattle must have been thrilled that Curry dropped to them. Curry was hands down the best player in the draft. Him and Lofa Tatupu will create an elite linebacking core.My Jets traded up to number 5 (thank you Eric Mangini!) and they took Mark Sanchez. Crabtree was available but i guess they thought Sanchez is the real deal.The Bengals selected Andre Smith. this guy was very out of shape at the combine but could be a great offensive linemen.Oakland took Heyward-Bey way to early. He's fast and tall but Crabtree was still available. Classic Al Davis move. Bey has some trouble catching the ball down field.Jacksonville went with Eugene Monroe. I'm surprised they didn't trade out of this spot to a team that wanted Crabtree.The Packers took B.J. Raji. He fits there scheme well.The 49s finally took Micheal Crabtree number ten. He was the best wide reciever in the draft. The Niner got a steal here, they probably weren't even expecting to have a shot at him.The Bills took Aaron Maybin with there pick, i dont have much to say on that one.The Broncos took Knowshon Moreno with their first pick of the 1st round. A lot of people think this was a reach but it makes sense, the Broncos haven't had a runningback since Terrel Davis.The Redskins took Brian Orakpo with their pick. They were denied Mark Sanchez, but Orakpo isn't exactly a bad consolation prize. Orakpo wanted to be a Redskin.The Saints took Malcom Jenkins. This guy was a great corner in college but lacked some speed. He could play safety in the NFL.The Texans took Brian Cushing. He has a good work ethic and plays hard. He will pair well with Ryans, WIlliams, Okoye, and Robinson on defense.San Diego took Larry English over Ray Mauluga. English is a big game line backer but a lot of people think they should have gone with Mauluga.Tampa Bay Traded up to draft Josh Freeman. A lot of people think he could be a bust and not do well in the NFL. Others say this draft could be remembered as "The Josh Freeman Draft". They traded up to get him so they better be right here.The Broncos took Robert Ayers with their second pick of the first round. He's a good fit for the scheme and has a good feel for the position.The Browns traded their pick once again to the Eagles who took Jeremy Maclin. I don't know why they needed to trade up two spots to gt him, unless they felt someone else would jump them. Maclin is a great reciever with a clean record. Some people say he isn't as good as he seems because he is coming out of a spread offense in Missouri.The Lions used their second pick of the first round to select Brandon Pettigrew. Interesting pick, he is a great blocker but isnt a game-breaking catcher.When the Cleveland Browns finally picked, they took Alex Mack. Mack Is an Eric Mangini guy and the best center in the draft. Mangini likes building around an offensive line and they already have a huge piece in place with Joe Thomas. Mack will be another piece to that puzzle.The Vikings took Percy Harvin. This was a bold move. He is an explosive, game-breaking wide receiver but has some durability, attitude, and medical problems. He has a hole in his foot and just got busted for failing a Marijuana test. He has great hands and this was a pick Minnesota needed with Adrian Peterson and newly acquired Sage Rosenfeld. Barring Harvin takes a couple of steps backward, the Vikings just took a step towards playoff advancement.The Ravins traded with the Patriots to get Michael Oher. Oher is the feel good stiry of the draft and even had a book written about him by Michael Lewis, author of Moneyball. There is a movie being made about him as well. This was a value pick, and i was surprised he went this late. There have been some knocks on his consistency though.The Falcons took Peria Jerry. Not much to say about him, he's a good player and a good pass rusher. He lacks on run defense.The Dolphins used their pick to fill a glaring need at cornerback. They took Vontae Davis. Davis was the best cornerback in the draft and a physical specimen. He has some attitude issues and effort issues. He is the brother of San Fransisco Tight End Vernon Davis who has had some issues there.The Packers used the Patriots to trade back into the first round and select Clay Matthews. He needs to be coached up, but an okay pick.They gave up a second round pick, two third round picks and next years fifth, That's a little much in my opinion. The Patriots made a good move here, knowing that there was not much depth where they wanted it.The Colts chose Donald Brown. I'm surprised he was taken before Chris Wells. Some have compared Brown to this years version of Matt Forte.The Bills used their second pick of the first round to select Eric Wood. This kid can play, he was the Bills second o-line pick of the first round.The Giants selected Hakeem Nicks. He's short and doesn't run well but has great hands.The Titans took Kenny Britt. He fills a need a wide receiver, nothing more to say.The Cardinals selected Chris Wells. People thought Arizona would not take him because he is very similar to Tim Hightower, but they couldn't pass on this physical specimen. Wells has has some injury problems, but he is a great back. He can catch the rock as well. I think the Lions were hoping Wells would drop to them at the 33rd pick.The Super Bowl Champion Steelers used the last pick in the fist round to draft Evander Hood. Not a bad pick, i think they really wanted a center though.

Edited by nyy26 (see edit history)