xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy

Sig Request by Jimmy

Hi, One thing I've always missed is having a nice sig, hopefully someone will be able to give a helping hand! I have filled out the info that you guys probably need but please don't stick like glue to it! Feel free to add any creative touch that you're good at, I don't know what goes well.. you do!

I have only one real requirement and that the following lion is in the sig - picture

Size: Fairly steamlined - perhaps 380x120 or 400x140, you get the idea! No bigger than 450x170

Theme: Calm

Render: Yes

Render Theme: The Lion, Out with nature, Grazing, Calm?! (Sorry I can't seem to nail the theme down :-) )

Color: Whatever works well with the lion.. Royal blue or gold is always good!

Text: Yes - simply "rarryawn" in the sig somewhere (It doesn't need to be really big). :) Whoever sorts me out with the sig please make sure to put a "by you" in the corner

Other effects: Sorry, not sure. I'm not looking for anything techno-y with hard edges though..

One other idea I had was a fading out transparancy around the bits in the sig to smooth the edges, I've no idea how bad stuff looks when you put transparancy on it, just an idea.

I have attached what i have put together.

post-8528-1239821151_thumb.jpg

In case you cannot view the attachment, i provide an alternative:

Posted Image

Hey nice work truefusion, the rarryawn text looks cool, its exactly the right size and I like how its a bit wonkey also in white its clean and stands out well. The white blur behind the text is definitely growing on me! The way you used darker shading from low to high does go well with the text though I reckon it could be slightly less dark...400x125 as you have done it is a great size and kudos on the 1px black border with 1px "lighter inlay", I stand corrected on a sharp edge it does look good :)The zoomed in nose is awesome. My only real gripe with the overall sig is that the nose/eye doesn't seem to work well with the "complete" picture of the lion on the left. There's just something odd about it! What do you reckon about that, I'd like to be able to have the tongue/yawn/amazing mane(!) somewhere in the sig if possible, is there any way to match the two bits differently?Cheers mate its looking good, what do you reckon about these changes?P.S. The attachment worked fine :-)

The zoomed in nose is awesome. My only real gripe with the overall sig is that the nose/eye doesn't seem to work well with the "complete" picture of the lion on the left. There's just something odd about it! What do you reckon about that, I'd like to be able to have the tongue/yawn/amazing mane(!) somewhere in the sig if possible, is there any way to match the two bits differently?

I think i understand what you mean, that the lion in the background gives a different impression than the nice, laid back lion in the front. The one in the back gives more of a saddened, lonely look. But i wanted to get the nose and the eye in the picture while keeping the lion in the background pretty big or "blown up." Due to the constraints of the sig size, it becomes hard to fit such a big image of the lion without having it in a similar size as the smaller one on the left. Yet, i wouldn't think that multiple lions sitting next to each other looking completely identical to the other would yield an interesting image. I was going for more of a car commercial look, the kind that generally have a black background and rely mostly on the shine of the car, making things appear a bit luxurious, if you understand the kind i'm talking about. I guess i could make the sig a bit bigger and see how it turns out, if you want.

You know what, I'm actually really happy with it! When dealing with design stuff like this its all too easy to get stuck into looking at things differently. All it needs is to take one step back and look at it with a clean slate :P

Dude thanks for the help you can see the hard work on display below now :), its perfect so don't worry about a version 2!

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)