xisto Community
mrdee

Gd2 Library

I was wondering if a GD2 library is running on the Trap 17 servers.(I am not really sure what that is, but if someone could explain...).I am asking because I run an E-card system on my website, and it has the ability of automatically generating thumbnails of a card when you upload the main image.In the support of the system it says that the thumbnails (or minis as they call them) can be generated when a GD2 library is running on your server.I remember that, in the past, ie. before the whole system got changed with the credits and the hosting plans etc., the system perfectly generated thumbnails of the main image automatically, but now that does not happen anymore.I also noticed I had to change the file properties of my folders in my FTP client, they were all set to non writeable, where they were set to give permission to write to in the past, so something must have changed.However, after changing the permissions, the auto generation still did not occur, hence my question about the GD2 library.Could anyone shed some light on that, please?Thank you in advance.

You can see the server name on where your site is hosted in your cPanel in the stats panel on the bottom left (below the number of your SQL databases).

You can see the links for the detailed PHP info for each server in the 'Server Status' link of the Xisto billing area where you can also see the server load and their uptime.

Hope I helped! :)

The GD Library works fine.
Here is a link to one Tutorial that uses it: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/45058-a-simple-php-captcha-image-validation/
And BuffaloHELP also has a Tutorial about creating Images with a text overlay, but I didn't post a link to that one.
I also use the GD library for Captcha images on a CMS I run. No issues there.
I would be interested in seeing the script that requires the library and possibly we could test it on our sites. Thanks.