xisto Community
adriantc

What To Do With 40 Billion $? What to do with 40 billion ?

I have a question for you! A 40 billion $ question...What do you think Bill Gates could do with his 40 billion $?And more the point...do you really think he needs them all?Bill was the dude who invented DOS. That's all. Do you think he is still programming for Windows. Of course not! He has a bunch of guys who are programming for him while he is getting richer and richer...That's why I hate Microsoft!

I don?t know give a billion to the tusami, a billion to each university I went to and a billion to aids a billion to the lung association and a billion for aids research. That will leave me with 34 billion to give me and every member of my family a very good life. Of course bill gates can?t spend all of his money or he will devalue the vary assets that make up his worth. I think though once I get by a few big charities I would want to help my local community. I always wanted a ski hill on high head mountain and I could make a pretty awesome ski hill for a mere 100 million of that cash.

vision cannot be quantified, it is priceless. :D and bill gates has that keen and clear vision with regards to technology, and he follows that up with a definite master plan and actions, in order to realize the vision. :D well, with all his billions, he can buy a third world country already. lolz! with all the riches he got, i believe he is not letting them lie and rot like a scrooge would do. the best thing about having too much excess money is that he can plunk it in any charitable cause or foundation he fancies. and he has lots of that which he actively supports, i think. :D

Man that a lot of money, do you think Bill Gate's kids would ever have to work to put money on their tables?I would just give it all way to people that really needs it, but i would try to do it in a way that the money keeps generation profits of food or clothes insted of just buying food or clothes for poor people i would buy them the tools the land for them to work on it and then that way is not going to be a one and only thing that once it's gone it is gone, if you know what I mean, and i think i would do the same for me...

i thought he only had $26 billion or is that how much microsoft is worth. Actually i think ms is worth $250 billion (i read it somewhere) so what are you talking about? :D

I have a question for you! A 40 billion $ question...

What do you think Bill Gates could do with his 40 billion $?

And more the point...do you really think he needs them all?

Bill was the dude who invented DOS. That's all. Do you think he is still programming for Windows. Of course not! He has a bunch of guys who are programming for him while he is getting richer and richer...

That's why I hate Microsoft!

45688[/snapback]

First Question--

A. He could use the money to come up with another way to make an additional 40 billion dollars :D

B. He could blow it all in some wild gambling bet like roulette (Bill: "I'll put it all on 18 red"...what, me worry about losing it, nah, I can make it back in no time, I'm Bill Gates...now be quick about it or I'll have your job! Mwahaha!!!" :D

C. He could give some of it away to some charities, get incredible recognition as a selfless person, a humanitarian and this would attract other business people who would help him achieve A. above ....clever move Bill Gates (It's all one viscious, sadistic cycle isn't it.) B)

Second Question--

Nah, he doesn't need them all, but I don't think he has to settle for eating Ramen noodles anymore and being considered the geek of the neighborhood :D ...especially when he has enough money to buy the neighborhood!

Third Question--

Are you kidding? He probably has thousands of programmers scrambling like laboratory rats coming up with new ideas to make him even more blurry-eyed billions. :D

Don't hate the man or Microsoft or the money machine but consider him the victor who had a vision that has created value for others.

From the Desk of,

Oprah Winfrey :P

You are all right. I have only one problem. So he is the one with the vision. But all he had was the vision, nothing more. with every new version of windows his implication in the project is lower.So he started with DOS. That couldn't have been possible without Bill, but Windows could live without Bill. If he were to die tomorrow do you think microsoft will stop developing windows. Of course not! Microsoft is possible without Bill. That makes the 40 billion $ moraly useless.

I think he should if he has not already, start a charity, and because of the huge capital behind it would be able to reasearch very effectib=vely for cancer, or some of the degenrative deseae there have been no known cures for yet. it makes alot of sense, does it not?

$40 billion, eh?I leave 10 billion for me and my family, 5 billion to the government of Canada to cut down taxes, 10 billion to fund the Linux project, The rest, I'll give it to charities all around the world.xboxrulz

I think he should if he has not already, start a charity

He already has. He and his wife have a charity fund which is basically just money from Bill. They have given hundres of millions of dollars to charity, and just today I read that they are planning on giving the majority of their money to charity. Mostly medicine-related as I understood it.

40 billion $?Well... I'd probably pay some overdue phone bills, buy some furniture and a few exotic islands somewhere in the Mediterranean sea. :D Although, I would consider donating a few billion $ to charity...

if i got that much i would invest it in property and put it in the bank so that the interest builds up so quick. lol. ahahhaa. Be like the riches person in the world. I'll even make more than President Bush. I would defintely contribute to charities.

Well...we all know that Bill Gates gives a lot of money to charities but don't you think he does it just to escape paying the taxes which probably in his case raise up to a few hundred million dolars.So one way or another everything he does is getting richer and richer and having some money he will never be able to spend while many people die from hunger in Africa... (that is if he doesn't buy a third world country)