xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Can I Get A Dedicated Ip Address?

we do offer IP addresses, although we do follow ARIN guidelines. Most of the time you will be granted an IP address if you are going to use SSL. If you are able to justify your use of an IP address then you will be billed an extra $3.5 / mon.

I was searching over the internet whether getting a dedicated IP address is possible. I was simply amazed to see that XISTO offers the same. But i had to raise certain doubts regarding the same and hope this will benifit many.

First of all, i do understand that Dedicated IP means, i am provided with a seperate IP address for my domain, and instead of keening the Domain name in the URL bar, Just typing the IP address itself will connect to my website. So far i thought this is only possible if i run a private server at home , i can have a dedicated IP address. Now too i think the same, but now that XISTO provides dedicated IP address for everyone if needed. Does this means that they run a seperate server for me with a static IP address ?? If not please may i know how it is done ??

It also says that $3.5 / mon will be charged, like other services can i go for this and cancel when needed ? If i cancel this will it affect my normal hosting service ( The one without deticated IP Address )

I read that XISTO follows ARIN guide lines, i really dont know what is that ARIN guidelines?? is it something like rules framed by the governemnt or so ??

Moreover i do not use SSL connection as of now. I am asked to Justtify the need for the Dedicated IP address. The main thing is i wanna learn more about hosting and stuffs, and i need it for educational purpose. Another thing is i am running a PhP Chat in my website, and Open DNS may block this any time with the reason Chat , Still if i need to access my website in a network which is behing Open DNS then i need to just type the IP address so that i can access it , though it is blocked by open DNS under the category chat. So for this i need a dedicated IP address. For educational purpose and for the other one can i request an Dedicated IP address ???

Well, I don't think you 'request' it. When you buy your hosting package and select SSL you are given a choice if you'd like purchase the Dedicated IP Address option. I purchased a Dedicated IP Address once when using the OLD credit system. Very handy. :P You can also get Domain ID Protection or something aswell when you purchase a domain. :)