xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
madlinux

C-s 1.6 Rumors We will loose CS 1.6

Well you hear it everywhere , rumors about valve intending to cut off CS 1.6.Wich is obviously supposed to increase customers for HL? .I am an cs gamer since early betas, and for that i dislike CSS as "the new counter-strike" . Even if all bugs (the list is endless) are solved css is way off from the original counter-strike that for me its like killing CS itself ... maybe it was time maybe its a shame . What do you guys think about it ?

Nothing is going to happen to CS trust me they will not close it... Anyone wanna play some counter-strike pm me for more info :D. Iv been a cs player since 2 years ago :D.

Well...I agree that CS won't go down...no need to be afraid;) BTW I would really like to know, if there is AOE 3 coming out this spring? I read that on many pages, but on many others it is said that this is wrong information!? Can anyone please tell me the truth and - if the game is coming - describe how it will differe from aOE2, 1?...Thx ya all...bye

I don't know, I think it would be a very bad move by Valve to shut down 1.6. Would they be expecting everyone to move to Source or CZ? I know CZ is not worth the money, and my computer can't play Source...

I guess they may stop updating it and support for it, but to remove it from Steam would be a rather bad idea considering how many people still play. It would still need many more years before it could be considered an option, I believe.

As for AoEIII, some of the newer rumours floating around are:

* 4 names on Indian Tribes: Sioux, Comanche, Cherokee and Iroquois.

* Indian Tribes work the following way. You can take the time to ally with a tribe, and then you can get a few benefits. You can get unique units, unique weapons (don't ask how this will work, possibly armory techs?) and unique abilities from the natives. The abilities will somewhat be like the GP's from AoM (AoT), and there is one example of it. You can push back the Fog of War if you ally yourself with indians. Those can be used once in a while (so not only once, and possibly you don't have to pay for it).

* The 3 resources are Food, Wood and Money (old news) and resources are right in your bank once you gather them. (old news as well)

* As your Home City levels up, the city will grow and with more people in the streets etc. (cosmic changes), but also once you gain a level, you can get new units, new upgrades and new abilities. Your Home City will also provide economic bonuses to the colonised land, and it will ship you troops and goods. You can also get historic buildings, which give you advantages (nothing more specific). Home Cities will have a level cap (online) and while matchmaking, you are channeled to people of your own strength.

But in the Gaming section there's whole threads, I think most of the information is close to being accurate. If you want to read for yourself try reading these interviews:

http://www.totalvideogames.com/pages/articarticle_id=7205

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/age-of-empires-iii/582928p1.html

man i played cs ages ago, it used to be the only thing ppl played and only thing i played... i wish they would make a new modified version of counter strike but they never came out with it well they had the blue something...but it wasnt as popular and i heard from my friends its not worth it so i never got it. I think people like counterstrike because of the hhmm how do i describe it...well not well made as the other games there are lots of flaws and i think thats what makes the game special...