xisto Community
Aeon

Sleep Paralysis. For those who awake within themselves.

Hey there,I've had SP since I was about 11 or so. I have about 7-10 episodes of SP a night.I was wondering if anyone else has SP. If so, please explain your expediences. I know SP can be frightening, but if you've had it for a while, you start to look at it as meditative-- introspective and a gateway into lucid dreaming.

Edited by Aeon (see edit history)

Yes, I have had Sleep Paralysis if it is what I am thinking. I have not had it for many years now but at one time I had it quite frequently. what would happen to me is I would not be able to move any part of my body. I felt like I was tied up and I could not speak either. I would try and scream for help, but the words would not come out and I would struggle to move my arms, legs, etc. and nothing. I am a Christian, so i took this as an attack from Satan. (maybe you do not believe in this) but I do. In this dream or nightmare is probably the better word, I had awareness of what was happening to me and I continuously tried to get myself free. The only thing that released me and woke me up was when I tried to say the Name of "Jesus" I would keep saying it in my mind and trying to say it verbally and then, and every single time I would get the name "Jesus" out, my arms would fly open and I would wake up. It was quite frightening to me, but I knew that if I could just say the name of "Jesus", I would be OK.I have not had this happen in years, but if I were to experience it again, I know I could get myself out of it.

I also had sleep paralyses, and I'm also Christian. I don't think it has anything related with deamons or something else. I had it twice in my life, I am now 22 years old. 

I always slept with the lights on, especially when my parents were away (I was 5 years old)So I wake up and notice that the lights are on, I can't move a finger, my legs, my mouth (it was if I had a choken trote), nothing. I indeed had a sudden feeling that something had me in its grasp, but I didn't see anyone. I tried to move with force but no results, I eventually got tired of trying to move and went back to sleep. In the morning everything was ok.

Second time when I had this SP, I started to move from my fingers, then my arms started moving, I went out of the sleep paralysis by moving each part of my body in a orderly way.