xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
akpokemonv2

"open" Style Of Google Chrome? Is this nice or hard to get used to?

Google chrome is a completely new browser in the sense that it has a very open interface. The tab menu is combined with the close, maximize, and minimize button. There is only that and the search bar on the top. There is no bar on the bottom of the browser like in Firefox and Internet Explorer. Do you favor this style of browsing?Personally, I hated it at first and it made me feel real uncomfortable without an enclosed-looking browsing window, but I"m starting to like and get used to it very much. I'm living without the awesome Firefox add-ons for now, but I don't know how much longer that'll last. LOL

I like one feature above all others for Chrome - when one plugin crashes, the whole browser doesn't crash and burn. Now, admittedly, I've been able to crash Chrome before. However, the tab restore feature has always worked, and I can usually shut down the offending tab before it finishes loading.Just as you, the minimal interface grew on me pretty quickly. Since I was only using it as a secondary browser, I was not bothered by the lack of extra functionality. However, every site I tried worked, and it was fast!Honestly, the only feature I missed from it is Opera's fast-forward feature (which will go to the next logical page after you reach the end of the current one). Other than that, everything was very satisfactory for a beta browser.Regards,z.