xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iXeta

Battlefield Heroes

I haven't seen any discussions here yet about EA & DICE's new launch Battlefield Heroes.
Its a FPS build very similar to the other battlefields with the primary distinction of being a cartoon shooter.
Now, my first reaction to explaining this has been, "a cartoon shooter... probably crap..."
Just recently my clan pre-ordered a server and got 16 beta keys. The reaction from EVERY single
person has been that its amazingly addicting and fun. The graphics are cartoony, but extremely high quality.

BFH is launched through a web browser (its essentially its own downloader). Its F2P (no paying or torrenting the game)
and the only bonuses to people who spend money on the game is the ability to buy special clothing customization.
Maps vary from large open maps including tanks, jeeps, planes and flak guns, to small town setting with a very
competitive close quarter combat feel.

BFH has been under works for over two years, and is currently in Closed Beta.

My rating for BFH: 9 out of 10

My Beta Key came through a week ago, I'd give it a mixed review, it is well made, espicially for a free game, but fans of the other games should not be looking for a sequal. As much it bears the "Battlefield" Title, it is really part of the series, but a new game in its own right. It is fun to play, and rather arcadey. It has interesting game play, but in my opinion the maps aren't big enough and there is no sprint feature, so you run slowly. The customisations are good, however, is it worth paying for a free game? The graphics are eccelent, although cartoony.Overall I would give it 7-10. Worth playing but there are much better games out there, such as Urban Terror, which I recommend by the way , however feel free to sign up for the beta, but you will be waiting around for a while for your key.