xisto Community
Ousk

How To Configure Cron Jobs?

Ok so i have seen the topic about this and in cpanel chose advanced and wrote /usr/local/bin/php -q /home/*myusername*/public_html/cron.php in the field and 40 in the minute slot in front, but with no luck, still the cron job for drupal does not run. Why? :D

I would apreciate if anyone could help a litle more please, i too must know how to create cron jobs, i did not search the internet yeat because i wanted to get help over here, so if anyone could explain how , i apreciate it, i have a wordpress blog which needs a cron job because of a plugin i have, and it gave a code create a cron job, but i do not know where to execute or insert that code for the cron job.Can anyone tell me where i do execute code already given to create a cron job?

I'm assuming cron.php contains list of instructions? Remember that cron itself has standard commands such as copy, "cp" with command extensions, i.e. r for replace etc.And the correct path name you should use is/home/cpanel_name/public_html/cron.phpif the file you want to execute is within public_html folder. /home/cpanel_name/cron.phpif the file is located outside public_html folder.A simple example to copy a file over, writing over the existing file from location A to B:cp -rf /home/cpanel_name/public_html/A/filename /home/cpanel_name/B/Notice that I can copy outside of the public_html because /home/cpanel_name/ is my root directory. The same file name will be preserved and the existing file in location B will be overwritten without confirmation. This can be entered directly to Cron job using Standard method. No need to enter Unix command form.

hmm now it works with the /usr/local/bin/php -q /home/*myusername*/public_html/cron.php don't know why it didn't before. i use 0 12 * * * /usr/local/bin/php -q /home/*myusername*/public_html/cron.php and it runs every 12 hours